home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
DavidandDenise
Studio

Default Running from BLT to MK

We're heading to BLT next week and I was wondering if it is possible to do a run from the front of BLT to the end of the brick path to nowhere that goes beyond the MK monorail station. I know they have a metal detector set up at the end of the walkway from the Contemporary, but I was wondering if I get out early enough (6:00AM), would I be able to run through that area unopposed? Just curious if anyone has tried this before.

David
Old 10-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #2
Disney54us
Grand Villa

If you are able to, I think there will be a lot of p***ed people. I don't have a problem with enhanced security but if it's enhanced one should not be able to bypass it because of a early morning run.
So honestly, I have to say, I hope not.
Disney54us is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
jay42k
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

This should not be an issue, especially at that time in the morning. It is a very nice run along the path. From BLT front door to the end of the path (toward the GF end) is approx 0.8 miles each way. Enjoy the run!
Old 10-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #4
jay42k

I should add that there are not a lot of running choices in the BLT area, especially if you need to do longer runs. I've longed for them to put a bridge over the canal to the GF area since that would get you access to GF, Poly, etc and make longer creative routes. It's no picnic getting from BLT to the wilderness area either. THAT would be awesome running ... but I don't see them completing any viable path on World Drive in the near future. Happy running!
Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #5
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

There is a jogging trail (sponsored by New Balance) at the Contemporary (and many other Disney Resorts).

See the dashed line on the resort map below.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #6
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay42k View Post
I should add that there are not a lot of running choices in the BLT area, especially if you need to do longer runs. I've longed for them to put a bridge over the canal to the GF area since that would get you access to GF, Poly, etc and make longer creative routes.
We would love this as well. On a recent trip we wandered around from TTC through Poly to GF and to the end of the path on that side. Then, at MK, we walked to their end of the path. We looked longingly at the non-existent (and certainly never-to-be) bridge that would make this a glorious walk/run path.

I was looking once at the area and seemed to see that running over to Wilderness Lodge and around could add some distance. We run at Boardwalk, and need 6-10 miles, so we do it there by using Epcot Resorts Blvd. The roads near BLT seem a little less pedestrian friendly.

Cheers.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #7
jay42k

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
We run at Boardwalk, and need 6-10 miles, so we do it there by using Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Exactly! Lots of options near Boardwalk. My favorite area. You can easily do longer runs there without doing endless loops. It is easy run from Boardwalk to jump to Caribbean Beach, and from there to jump to AOA/POP. Happy trails!
Old 10-11-2017, 09:08 AM   #8
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay42k View Post
I've longed for them to put a bridge over the canal to the GF area since that would get you access to GF, Poly, etc and make longer creative routes.
ADA requirements will keep Disney from ever bridging that canal.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
Jotunheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Disney could easily put in a hydraulic lift bridge or draw bridge to cross the canal, and should be ADA compliant. They already have at least one in the WS by the China pavilion.

Even here in Milwaukee, we have a pedestrian lift bridge! (https://bridgehunter.com/wi/milwaukee/bh36813/)

Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #10
Mass Transit
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Plus, the height of the Electrical Water Pageant screens (and whatever else they move back there - probably a boat repair facility) would require a very tall bridge.

Mass Transit is online now   Reply With Quote