home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
logan115
Grand Villa

Default And we're off !! BWV kinda live trip report

Checked in yesterday, staying in a 1 BR pool/garden view and have a view overlooking the quiet pool. Even better is the perfect view of the Star Wars fireworks from our balcony (our couch in my case). This is our 3rd BWV stay and first in a renovated room which is really nice.

After changing and dropping our carry-ons at Bell Services, DW and I grabbed some adult beverages from the pool bar for the walk to DHS. Lunch at Backlot then finally on to our first ride, Star Tours, with DD (8) chosen as the Rebel Spy !

Hit ToT as the standby line was only 20 minutes, then RnR and ToT again and decided to head back to BWV to get our groceries (via Wegoshop) and carry-ons delivered. Glad we did because the skies opened up and we just hung out and relaxed the rest of the night, watching our Cubs implode in the 8th

Off to AK in a few, Navi FP+ at 11:00 so taking a later start to the trip since we were up at 3:30am yesterday. Much toastier and muggier than we expected when planning the trip, but we'll manage !

Chris

MOD 75
logan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

We just checked out today. All week was on the cloudy breezy cool side until yesterday. So I hope it goes back to that for you. Enjoy your trip!

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB, March 3-10 at BWV and Oct 28- Nov 2 at BWV
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
LR0929
One Bedroom

Can't pass up a 20 minute wait for ToT! I always want someone in my party to be chosen as the rebel spy and it never happens!! So fun!

Have a great time! Fingers crossed the weather cools down a bit for you.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip...
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
logan115
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
Can't pass up a 20 minute wait for ToT! I always want someone in my party to be chosen as the rebel spy and it never happens!! So fun!

Have a great time! Fingers crossed the weather cools down a bit for you.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip...

"Real feel" on accuweather says a high of 104 today 90 the unadjusted high !

Luckily it's cloudy and supposed to get some late morning rain.

MOD 75
Old 10-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
babysimba
One Bedroom

Following along. That was nice your daughter got selected as Rebel Spy.
Have fun at AK. Can't wait to hear about it!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #6
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan115 View Post
"Real feel" on accuweather says a high of 104 today 90 the unadjusted high !

Luckily it's cloudy and supposed to get some late morning rain.
Yikes!! Definitely go to the Festival of the Lion King! It'll be a nice break from the heat and the show is awesome!
Old 10-08-2017, 12:51 PM   #7
logan115
Grand Villa

Just went thru Pandora - pretty damn cool ! Had a FP for Navi and it was good, but got off feeling really bad for those waiting 150 minutes in the stand-by line. Consensus from our crew was good, but probably wouldn't wait more than 30 mins to ride again.

Tried the Hawkes Grog Ale, it was ok but doubt I'll get it again.

Very busy, will use our FPs and head back to BWV to swim/cool off for a bit then either Epcot or DS tonite.

MOD 75
Old 10-08-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan115 View Post
Just went thru Pandora - pretty damn cool ! Had a FP for Navi and it was good, but got off feeling really bad for those waiting 150 minutes in the stand-by line. Consensus from our crew was good, but probably wouldn't wait more than 30 mins to ride again.

Tried the Hawkes Grog Ale, it was ok but doubt I'll get it again.

Very busy, will use our FPs and head back to BWV to swim/cool off for a bit then either Epcot or DS tonite.
FoP is THE ride at Disney now. It is so good. And try to see Pandora at dark...way cool. DH had the Grog Ale and enjoyed it. SIL got that frozen thing with the ball thingies on top. I tasted it and it was good but very sweet and like a slurpy which I am just not into much...if I am going to drink a ton of calories I want it to be boozy.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB, March 3-10 at BWV and Oct 28- Nov 2 at BWV
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #9
LR0929
One Bedroom

Totally agree about Navi. We fast passed it as well and all said we would never wait more than a half hour for it.. and even that might be a stretch depending on the day.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #10
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Enjoying your tr. We love BWVs and usually do the 1-br as well and the location can't be beat! Hope the weather cools a bit for you. Thanks for taking us along!