home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

Default So I just got a call from DVC...

I just got a random call from DVC. They said they're calling because I have a DEC UY and they've got a great deal going to give me DOUBLE points!!! Asked if I was interested in hearing more, and I said yes, so they transferred me to my actual guide.

As you guessed, the double points is nothing new. Just the normal thing they always do. And they were specifically pushing CCV and POLY.

Now the important part and why I'm posting...

I asked about adding on to my BCV and he said it'd be next to impossible right now, but I'd have a much better chance come December. He confirmed that your best bet to get direct from VGC, VGF, and BCV is to call on the first day of your UY because the contracts they acquired during ROFR that were stripped get their points.

I know some people have had similar luck, but my guide actually confirmed it.

So bottom line, while you lose out on some value, if you really want the points, calling on the first day of your UY will give you the greatest chance of success.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
bubster
Grand Villa

Good to know! Thanks for reporting.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
taccol
One Bedroom

Wow! Most excellent information. Thank you for sharing!!
Old 10-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #4
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Great information. Thank you for sharing.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Monday, 12/25/17 - Tuesday, 12/26/2017 - SSR
Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
Kathy O
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I just got a random call from DVC. They said they're calling because I have a DEC UY and they've got a great deal going to give me DOUBLE points!!! Asked if I was interested in hearing more, and I said yes, so they transferred me to my actual guide.

As you guessed, the double points is nothing new. Just the normal thing they always do. And they were specifically pushing CCV and POLY.

I asked about adding on to my BCV and he said it'd be next to impossible right now, but I'd have a much better chance come December. He confirmed that your best bet to get direct from VGC, VGF, and BCV is to call on the first day of your UY because the contracts they acquired during ROFR that were stripped get their points.

So bottom line, while you lose out on some value, if you really want the points, calling on the first day of your UY will give you the greatest chance of success.

I think you're right because we were on waitlists for both BoardWalk and Grand Floridian for about six weeks. Sure enough, earlier this week our guide called and both were available. We already have BWV October use year and opted for VGF so we'll have two 11-month booking windows.
Kathy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Intriguing... Thanks for posting.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #7
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post

BS on the BCV points...I have until tonight to tell my guide if I want to take the 55 add-on points at $165 per point! Yikes!!
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #8
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
BS on the BCV points...I have until tonight to tell my guide if I want to take the 55 add-on points at $165 per point! Yikes!!
I should probably clarify...we've been on a waitlist for months for these BCV points and they just became available. My guide gave me until tonight to make up my mind. I'm thinking we will wait for the new Riviera or whatever is is called.
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #9
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Good to know.

It's funny that they're pushing the Dec UY points for Poly and CCV. When I called a few weeks back (after Poly was fully declared) asking about a Dec UY for Poly my guide said there weren't any. There were only March, if I remember correctly - maybe April if he tried really hard. I guess they called Santa Claus and got some more points.
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:38 PM   #10
PartPixie
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Good to know.

It's funny that they're pushing the Dec UY points for Poly and CCV. When I called a few weeks back (after Poly was fully declared) asking about a Dec UY for Poly my guide said there weren't any. There were only March, if I remember correctly - maybe April if he tried really hard. I guess they called Santa Claus and got some more points.
Okay, that's weird. Because they called me for both my Oct and Dec UY contracts. When I asked about adding on to my BLT acct, as first they said it would be hard and pushed Poly and CCV. Now that they called for Dec, Poly was still available. Why would they tell you it isn't available, but for me it was?

PartPixie is offline   Reply With Quote