home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
jmark
Two Bedroom

Default Tiffins is excellent!

Back from our trip. I may write up a brief TR but I really wanted to share about our experience at Tiffins since I don't see it mentioned much. To cut to the chase- this was the best meal we have ever had at WDW by far. (Disclaimer- we've never eaten at V & A but have eaten at just about every other sit down restaurant (signature or otherwise)).

We've had good meals at other Disney restaurants- Citricos, Narcosees and Artist Point come to mind. But usually we've found that most Disney restaurants are pretty inconsistent (i'm looking straight at you California Grill). Up until our meal at Tiffins, I can't remember one Disney meal where everyone in the party liked all of their dishes ordered. Usually, at least one of us found one of the appetizers or main courses lacking. Not this time. We tried the bread service and grilled octopus and both were delicious. Our server actually urged us to try the Gobi Manchurian as an appetizer (corn meal breaded cauliflower) which was outstanding. For dinner, we had the sword fish and whole fish and both were excellent. DD is a soup fanatic loved the Tom Kha soup. DS is a basic eater but he enjoyed his pasta marinara. The cocktails here were also excellent.

We had great service here and the dining rooms are a great space for a meal. The rooms have different artwork and pictures showing the imaginers trips to Africa and Asia during the building of the Animal Kingdom and our server was happy to explain the stories behind the artwork and pictures. It was a really neat experience.

I imagine this is probably not the place for picky eaters or the hamburger and nuggets crowd (not trying to be derogatory- but if you want more simple fare its probably not worth the price). However, if you want a high quality meal in a nice dining room, this is the place. Its definitely on the top of our dining short list for future trips.
jmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
MamaB24
One Bedroom

We had a similar experience our first go round. The food was excellent, and the service was even better. It is always at the top for us as well. A side note: we had kids with us who, while adventurous eaters, asked for small modifications to a couple of plates as well as a peanut allergy, and they were hands down the best we have ever had at accommodating both. I never hesitate to recommend it, and DH and I will be stopping in for our trip again in April. Glad you enjoyed it!

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
coastak
Grand Villa

I agree. One of, if not the, best meal we have had at WdW. We put it right up there with Jiko as the two best right now.
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Right there with you! We were super impressed!!!
Old 09-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

We were super happy our first time there!
Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
MickeyFan787
One Bedroom

I love this place - it is a great find. I am looking forward to another meal here or checking out the the lounge. It is a great addition!
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #7
BEAM4DVC
Studio

Ate at Tiffins in May and loved everything - the food, the drinks, the service, and the atmosphere! It was a wonderful evening and we will definitely be back!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #8
Santos
One Bedroom

Not to disagree, since I also like Tiffins a lot. However, this past week we decided to try Yak and Yeti again. There were 6 adults, and every dish we tried was outstanding. Our waiter Juan did an excellent job of steering us to some really interesting drink choices as well. Bottom line, if you can't score a ressie at Tiffins, do go to Yak and Yeti.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #9
ocean702
Two Bedroom

Thoroughly enjoyed my tiffins experience for lunch last May! Planning to go back in November.
ocean702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #10
Disneynut4sure
Studio

We tried Tiifins this May it was fabulous from the Nomad longe server and drinks to the meal and server in dining room. Already booked again for January

Disneynut4sure is offline   Reply With Quote