home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Default Which to FP+?

On our MK day, the kids want to do "Barnstormer", "Aladdin's Magic Carpets", "It's a Small World", and "Dumbo". With of those should we not bother getting a FP+ for? We won't be at the park early. Also, regarding "Dumbo", the DGDs are looking forward to the playground. In previous trips, I think you only got access to that if you went stand-by and then, went to the playground while you waited. Is it still like that? If so, we definitely won't FP+ "Dumbo".
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

Sorry I don't know about Dumbo "requirements" for options for a simple attraction...
I would not FP Small World since it boards at a good pace and it is standing in a line inside and not in sun.
Aladdin is torture and Barnstormer true torture in sun. I think Barnstormer is more fun.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
logan115
Grand Villa

I can't speak to whether or not things changed for Dumbo, but agree that standing in the lines at Aladdin and Barnstormer can be brutal on a hot (or rainy) day.

IASM also usually moves pretty quickly so I'd think about using that 3rd FP elsewhere.

Chris

MOD 75
logan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:57 PM   #4
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
On our MK day, the kids want to do "Barnstormer", "Aladdin's Magic Carpets", "It's a Small World", and "Dumbo". With of those should we not bother getting a FP+ for? We won't be at the park early. Also, regarding "Dumbo", the DGDs are looking forward to the playground. In previous trips, I think you only got access to that if you went stand-by and then, went to the playground while you waited. Is it still like that? If so, we definitely won't FP+ "Dumbo".
I would walk on to all of these and use FP for Peter Pan, 7D and whatever else appeals to your demographic. Of all the rides you listed very rarely do any of them get over 20-30 minutes.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #5
LouisianaMike
Studio

I would not bother with Small World and Aladdin for FP.. Dumbo could have a 20-25 min wait, but that would be worst case.. Barnstormer can definitely get a wait time up around 30 min. and you're out in the sun too for most of the wait. I'd opt to FP this ride and leave the others open, so you can FP one of the other rides with typically longer wait times, like Peter Pan, all the Mountains, Haunted Mansion, and even Pirates.. Obviously, Seven Dwarfs is a FP MUST!!
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #6
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

One site lists those rides as about the 20th highest priority attractions for using fast passes.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/magic-ki...pass-priority/

If you're focusing on rides for younger kids, then (as others have said), Mine Train, Peter Pan or even Winnie the Pooh might be more valuable.
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #7
grayandry
Grand Villa

Don't FP It's a Small World. That line moves pretty quickly, especially if you time it right.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #8
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

I agree with others. Don't do Dumbo - just let the kids play while you wait. IASM is always an easy wait. If you are trying to fill out fp's you don't need, use them for Barnstormer and Alladin. We never do any of these, however, as we use them on higher priorities.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #9
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Great! Thanks everyone-from 4 FP+s down to 2.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
logan115
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Great! Thanks everyone-from 4 FP+s down to 2.
When is your trip and are there other "big" rides that your group will be going on ?

Agree with what's been said on narrowing the initial 4 down to 2, but depending on what other rides you hope to go on (7DMT, SM, etc) you may want to go a different direction.

Chris

MOD 75
logan115 is offline   Reply With Quote