home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Default Car Service at MCO

I think we have decided to cancel the mini-van I had rented for our trip in September as son will arrive with his car the second day of our trip and the other in-laws arrive the day after.

But since DH and I are flying in and arriving kind of late on Thursday night, I originally thought of using ME, but we don't arrive until after 9:00, I don't think I want to mess with ME and a car service would be a whole lot easier than ME or even a 1-day car rental. just go down the escalator, find our driver and away we go. The older I get, the less I mind paying for convenience.

So, all this to ask if anyone has utilized a car servicesfrom MCO that they would recommend?

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 08-21-2017 at 09:54 AM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I think we have decided to cancel the mini-van I had rented for our trip in September as son will arrive with his car the second day of our trip and the other in-laws arrive the day after.

But since DH and I are flying in and arriving kind of late on Thursday night, I originally thought of using ME, but we don't arrive until after 9:00, I don't think I want to mess with ME and a car service would be a whole lot easier than ME or even a 1-day car rental. just go down the escalator, find our driver and away we go. The older I get, the less I mind paying for convenience.

So, all this to ask if anyone has utilized a car servicesfrom MCO that they would recommend?
Not from MCO but from SSR to Port Canaveral - Happy Limo. They were really excellent. Driver texts the night before to introduce himself and confirm time and place. Texted when he was 15 minutes out, and when he arrived (10 minutes early).

At MCO, it's a different system, but I think it would run just as smoothly. There are other car services out there that all function the same general way (and cost about the same), but Happy sponsors AllEars so I decided to go with them. There may even be an MO discount.

You could also consider Uber or Lyft now that they can pick up at MCO if you are comfortable with those kinds of services. I've used Uber elsewhere and haven't had a problem and friends swear by Lyft (better employee policies, btw).

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Not from MCO but from SSR to Port Canaveral - Happy Limo. They were really excellent. Driver texts the night before to introduce himself and confirm time and place. Texted when he was 15 minutes out, and when he arrived (10 minutes early).

At MCO, it's a different system, but I think it would run just as smoothly. There are other car services out there that all function the same general way (and cost about the same), but Happy sponsors AllEars so I decided to go with them. There may even be an MO discount.

You could also consider Uber or Lyft now that they can pick up at MCO if you are comfortable with those kinds of services. I've used Uber elsewhere and haven't had a problem and friends swear by Lyft (better employee policies, btw).

Dirk
Thanks, I will definitely check them out.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

We have used Tiffany Town Car on multiple occasions over the last 17 years and have zero complaints at all. In fact when our flight was messed up due to a mechanical issue, they were nothing but helpful. Also very much so with my aunt who has CP among other things. Received calls/texts with them the last few times (not so much the first few times but cell phones were not as big lol).

You can also use Uber/Lyft now. Check out rates and see which is best.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
Mj2v
One Bedroom

I just took Lyft from MCO. Fast convenient and relatively inexpensive.
Mj2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #6
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I would go with Uber or Lyft. Based on my past experience with car services in Orlando you are much more likely to get a car quickly with a pleasant driver
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #7
Ransom
Grand Villa

We've been using the rather generically-named Orlando Airport Towncar Service. They've been excellent! Friendly drivers, clean vehicles, happy to meet our needs. I won't use anyone else.
http://www.orlandoairporttowncar.com/
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
patty57
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
We've been using the rather generically-named Orlando Airport Towncar Service. They've been excellent! Friendly drivers, clean vehicles, happy to meet our needs. I won't use anyone else.
http://www.orlandoairporttowncar.com/
I also used them for a March 2016 trip, and agree with you. They were good.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #9
Maddismom
One Bedroom

We do this all the time now as don't feel like waiting for ME anymore (agree as we are maturing...it's worth it!). Have used both Tiffany and Happy Limo and both are great. They include a quick grocery stop too if you want that...we typically do it at Publix and the liquor store that is next door to grab a few necessities and then on our way! Depending on number in our party, we may reserve a town car or a large SUV... Coupon code for $5 available most of the time too. Good luck!

ps - haven't tried Uber/Lyft from MCO since it wasn't picking up at the time but would consider this now that it's permitted since we use them at the resort often too
Maddismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #10
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
We have used Tiffany Town Car on multiple occasions over the last 17 years and have zero complaints at all. In fact when our flight was messed up due to a mechanical issue, they were nothing but helpful. Also very much so with my aunt who has CP among other things. Received calls/texts with them the last few times (not so much the first few times but cell phones were not as big lol).

You can also use Uber/Lyft now. Check out rates and see which is best.
Totally agree. Have used Tiffany many times and will again in September and never have had one single complaint. I liked the few times I've used Uber on site but I feel more comfortable with a car service if the trip involves MCO.
DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote