home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ Dessert Party Now Available

The “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Holiday Dessert Party is returning this year to Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort!

The party will take place in the courtyard of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre where guests can enjoy multiple food stations, featuring holiday-inspired sweet and savory delights like warm cheese fondue with pretzel bread and flatbread, warm pumpkin pie and spiced-bread pudding with hand-dipped vanilla ice cream. There will even be a Liquid Nitro Station with chocolate mousse and your choice of toppings, including salted caramel sauce.
Beer, wine, and specialty cocktails will be available for guests over 21. Specialty non-alcoholic beverages including hot cocoa will also be available.

A special VIP character will stop by to meet and mingle with dessert party-goers and you’ll want to be sure to check out the festive holiday lights while wearing a pair of 3D HoloSpex® glasses. Glasses will be given to you as part of the event and will turn bright lights into holiday holographic illusions such as gingerbread men and candy canes.

The party is available between the dates of November 9 – December 31.
From November 9 – December 15, the cost is $79 per adult, $45 for children 3-9, and includes tax and gratuity.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

who is the market for this? i can't imagine spending $79 and feeling compelled to eat thousands of calories of fat and sugar. but, perhaps it's because i have been dieting of late.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
starry_solo
One Bedroom

Do you get pictures of various characters decked out in different Christmas / holiday outfits than normal?
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
Do you get pictures of various characters decked out in different Christmas / holiday outfits than normal?

Only one character, Goofy last year I believe.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #5
teachmusic
One Bedroom

My husband & I attended last year - I seem to only remember Goofy attending the party. We enjoyed the party, but the show afterwards was a complete dud. They would have to completely redo that to get me to even be in the park to watch it. It was really, really bad.
teachmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #6
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
who is the market for this? i can't imagine spending $79 and feeling compelled to eat thousands of calories of fat and sugar. but, perhaps it's because i have been dieting of late.
Agree with you about the desserts, but that's not the attraction for me.

I booked the HEA desert party for our next trip. I probably will eat a few cheese chunks and 1 chocolate covered strawberry plus either iced tea or coffee.

I'm booking the party because it includes reserved viewing of the HEA fireworks. I want my first view of HEA to be a good one. A lot of the show is projections on the castle and I do not want to have to fight for a good spot to see them. Even if I find and stand in a good spot one out hours ahead of time, there is still the worry about people in front of me putting kids on their shoulders or trying to film the thing on their ipads, which they, of course, hold up over their heads blocking my view.

The party is expensive and will almost certainly only be done once. But I think it will be worth it.

Still thinking about JBJB at DHS. I was really hoping for the Star Wars show while we are there, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Might wait for a few reviews of JBJB before I commit. Supposedly, they have improved the show over last year, which we didn't see. We'll see.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #7
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Agree with you about the desserts, but that's not the attraction for me.

I booked the HEA desert party for our next trip. I probably will eat a few cheese chunks and 1 chocolate covered strawberry plus either iced tea or coffee.

I'm booking the party because it includes reserved viewing of the HEA fireworks. I want my first view of HEA to be a good one. A lot of the show is projections on the castle and I do not want to have to fight for a good spot to see them. Even if I find and stand in a good spot one out hours ahead of time, there is still the worry about people in front of me putting kids on their shoulders or trying to film the thing on their ipads, which they, of course, hold up over their heads blocking my view.

The party is expensive and will almost certainly only be done once. But I think it will be worth it.

Still thinking about JBJB at DHS. I was really hoping for the Star Wars show while we are there, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Might wait for a few reviews of JBJB before I commit. Supposedly, they have improved the show over last year, which we didn't see. We'll see.
I did the same thing for our upcoming trip. I booked the Plaza viewing area which is $20 less per person. Even if I say that half of my $59 goes toward the reserved viewing spot that's still a lot to spend to have a couple of desserts. But, like you, I consider it will save me time and aggravation for our first viewing of HEA.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

We took a vote. HEA dessert party or MVMCP. The Christmas party won, hands down. I would consider the JBJB dessert party, but not until I see some positive reviews. And since we get there the weekend after it opens, I don't see it happening for this trip.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #9
coastak
Grand Villa

We did it last year. I don't remember the exact price but alcohol was included so we felt it was worth it. It was a fun experience. Got a couple things to take home, the food was really good and of course the firework view was great.
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I would pay for this event for me and Robin.

Why?

Because I get a guaranteed "prime" seat for the show.
Because Robin can not stand for extended periods of time, but rather not use a wheelchair.
Because it includes alcohol and snacks.
Because there are times we want to be treated special.

If this party is held on Dec 31, as it states below.....I would be all over this party.