home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default Last chance for Poly

Time is running out for anyone who wants to own at the Poly and buy direct from Disney.

DVC has declared 100% of the resorts inventory and has around 600,000 points left to sell. The past few months, sales at the Poly have averaged around 110,000 points per month. At that pace, Disney will declare the resort sold-out in about 3 months and focus on Copper Creek at Disney World.

Also to note, once the resort is declared sold-out, discounts and promotions will no longer be offered.

Current pricing and promotion for the resort

$176 per point; 100-point minimum purchase

Current promotions include cash discount with 150 pt purchase and "free points for life" offer starting at 15 free points with 190 pt purchase.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
rowrbazzle
One Bedroom

What are free points for life? I'm assuming it means Disney gives your an extra 15 points every year that you don't have to purchase or pay dues on. Do they function like regular points for banking and borrowing?
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #3
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
What are free points for life? I'm assuming it means Disney gives your an extra 15 points every year that you don't have to purchase or pay dues on. Do they function like regular points for banking and borrowing?
Just means you don't have to pay the initial purchase price for the "free" points. You will still pay annual dues on them for as long as you own the contract.

The "free" points will function the same as your other points.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
rowrbazzle
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Just means you don't have to pay the initial purchase price for the "free" points. You will still pay annual dues on them for as long as you own the contract.

The "free" points will function the same as your other points.
Ok, thank you.

I didn't see these promotions on the Disney website. Am I just missing them or are they unadvertised?
Old 08-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #5
Disney54us
Two Bedroom

I thought people were doing small add on contracts i.e. 50 points. Is it the promotions are only for the minimum point add ons?
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
I thought people were doing small add on contracts i.e. 50 points. Is it the promotions are only for the minimum point add ons?
Small add ons do not qualify for any promotions
Old 08-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Time is running out for anyone who wants to own at the Poly and buy direct from Disney.

DVC has declared 100% of the resorts inventory and has around 600,000 points left to sell. The past few months, sales at the Poly have averaged around 110,000 points per month. At that pace, Disney will declare the resort sold-out in about 3 months and focus on Copper Creek at Disney World.

Also to note, once the resort is declared sold-out, discounts and promotions will no longer be offered.

Current pricing and promotion for the resort

$176 per point; 100-point minimum purchase

Current promotions include cash discount with 150 pt purchase and "free points for life" offer starting at 15 free points with 190 pt purchase.

FINALLY!

And then comes the new DVC (forgot the name) and maybe the STAR WARS DVC
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #8
pdude81
Two Bedroom

I'm not seeing the free points offer but when they sell 220 points with a cash discount equal to the cost of 20, it's essentially the same thing. Interesting now that the deals are a little better for CCV than they are for PVB. Looks like anybody looking to buy a big contract there direct has to do so now.

rowrbazzle, if you end up buying a medium to large contract make sure you split it up. It might only cost you an extra hundred or two and makes for better flexibility later. I knew I wanted this going in and somehow forgot during the discussions. Luckly my guide reminded us and suggested that would be in our best interests.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post

And then comes the new DVC (forgot the name)
Riviera
Old 08-12-2017, 08:45 PM   #10
rowrbazzle
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I'm not seeing the free points offer but when they sell 220 points with a cash discount equal to the cost of 20, it's essentially the same thing. Interesting now that the deals are a little better for CCV than they are for PVB. Looks like anybody looking to buy a big contract there direct has to do so now.

rowrbazzle, if you end up buying a medium to large contract make sure you split it up. It might only cost you an extra hundred or two and makes for better flexibility later. I knew I wanted this going in and somehow forgot during the discussions. Luckly my guide reminded us and suggested that would be in our best interests.
That's a good idea. So are they just offering 10% off for cash? With last year's points included too 150 points would be 140-something per point, which is resale prices.

Last edited by rowrbazzle; 08-12-2017 at 09:52 PM.