home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 07:05 AM   #1
Blowfish2014
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Quick Service Mobile Order question

I have been checking out the mobile quick service feature that is opening up at a ton of places. My question is when will the app include the ap or dvc discounts? Love the idea, but I want my perks. Thoughts?
Port Orleans Riverside 08, 13
Caribbean Beach 08
Old Key West 15
Bay Lake Tower 16
All Star Music 16
Boulder Ridge Villas 17
Port Orleans French Quarter 17
Polynesian Village Resort 18
Blowfish2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I was told in theory......but you can not use discounts.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

Disney web site still says you must order in person to use any discounts, dining plan, etc.. I hope they fix that really soon.

We used mobile ordering 3 times couple weeks ago: twice at Satu'li Canteen, and once at Columbia Harbour House, and we loved it and plan to do that as much as possible in the future. They didn't have discounts, so didn't matter.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Most quick services places don't have discounts, so that helps. For the few that do, I hope they add that feature. I don't know how that will work, though, since you can't use your MDE account to prove discount eligibility for table service dining or purchases either. A card (and often ID check) is still necessary.

The practice with advanced ordering is that you place your order, pay for it, and then show up at a designated place at the counter where they will begin to prepare your order. (It's not prepared in advance in most cases, unlike advanced ordering at Chipotle or wherever.) With that practice, there is no place to verify discount eligibility.

I don't even think at this point you can charge your meal to your room account, but have to use the credit card on file. They may have fixed that.

Dirk
Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Disney web site still says you must order in person to use any discounts, dining plan, etc.. I hope they fix that really soon.

We used mobile ordering 3 times couple weeks ago: twice at Satu'li Canteen, and once at Columbia Harbour House, and we loved it and plan to do that as much as possible in the future. They didn't have discounts, so didn't matter.
I would think the dining plan will be available to use before any discounts.... surprised it isn't already.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #6
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
I would think the dining plan will be available to use before any discounts.... surprised it isn't already.
Dining plan for sure. Probably not available yet since that is tied to your room reservation and online ordering seeks payment from a different source (credit card, rather than room charge).

Not permitting dining plan credits to be used, yet, also allows them to keep demand down so that they can debug the process before the tons of dining plan users take advantage of mobile ordering.

Dirk
Old 08-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish2014 View Post
My question is when will the app include the ap or dvc discounts? Love the idea, but I want my perks. Thoughts?
Am I correct that after September 30th, there won't be any AP or DVC discounts at CS places? We're thinking of using it in October.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote