home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
bostonRob
Grand Villa

Default How does the scam go?

I have some points up for rent and am questioning the integrity of some of the respondents. How do the scams go on a transfer?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

I'm not sure, but I would have thought those points would have been long since gone!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

I'm now wondering if I can use them...it's an addiction. I arrive in 9 days. Sorry, I wish I could help. Transfers are tricky. If it was me and I wasn't sure of the person I was transferring them to, I would require paid in full before transfer. And I would double check the name on the deed is the name of the person I was negotiating with.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
bostonRob
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
I'm now wondering if I can use them...it's an addiction. I arrive in 9 days.
They are still there. The people contacting me have like one or two posts on their profile. All willing to "transfer" money immediately. Ide rather someone who is an active participant on the boards.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #5
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonRob View Post
They are still there. The people contacting me have like one or two posts on their profile. All willing to "transfer" money immediately. Ide rather someone who is an active participant on the boards.
I'm going to pass, as I have everything booked and I'm not sure I could rearrange things. You have me thinking though. It is people who aren't on a lot and only on the RTB that would worry me too.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
I'm going to pass, as I have everything booked and I'm not sure I could rearrange things. You have me thinking though. It is people who aren't on a lot and only on the RTB that would worry me too.
Agreed. I lurk over there occasionally. But if I'm going to do business, I'd prefer to work with a regular MO member. Just my comfort level.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #7
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

i've done a few transfers with direct wire to my bank account. i don't like them myself.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Transferring imho takes a lot more trust than renting. Once they are transferred there is no turning back, if there are any issues with payment. If you transfer, require payment in full. Talk to your bank manager to see how long till you are 'safe' that a payment cannot be reversed on your account. I would not take a PayPal payment, the person can file a hold with the credit card used.
In the end, go with your gut, if you are not comfortable then just decline. I am sure your points will get rented.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #9
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonRob View Post
I have 125 HH points I was considering renting but also am leery and would rather a familiar MO rent them. I guess you (and I, if I do rent) could just ignore responders we don't recognize???? Following to see input.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB, March 3-10 at BWV and Oct 28- Nov 2 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #10
bostonRob
Grand Villa

Just got off with Disney. Apparently they cant be transferred. Reservation has to be made.