home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
Patricksp
One Bedroom

Default Orlando City SC Game

When we are at Disney we also wanted to catch an away game(My Local team will be playing Orlando), We were wondering how we can get to the game Lyft, Uber or Taxi and after the game. We have never done uber or Lyft and we will need a car seat.

We have a car but I don't want to drive to the game since I want to have some beer.
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I am not as familiar with Lyft, but I know Uber offers a car seat as an option. Download the app and when it is time to get the car, select Uber X and there is an option there for a car seat. There is a $10 charge for this.

https://help.uber.com/h/3abcbae1-132...7-0dab00fa3879

They would be your best bet. When it is time to leave you just request a car and usually within about 10 minutes you can have a driver show up to pick you up.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:42 PM   #3
Mj2v
One Bedroom

Either uber or lyft will get you to the game. The stadium is very nice but it's in a not so nice area of Orlando. Plan to walk a bit to get to an area where you can request the car.

Expect to pay about $20-25 each way.

I have been using Lyft in orlando lately as they are throwing promo codes out to capture business while Uber has been stumbling
Mj2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

I just put in MK to Orlando City SC for shits and giggles, for Uber X+ car seat its 35.52 one way. ( I think it will fit 4 with one adult up front.)

Uber XL + car seat is 52.63. (Usually a SUV or minivan).

MOD 97
kiapgh23e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #5
Patricksp
One Bedroom

Thanks for the replies, I have never used Uber or Lyft and saw that they have designated zone for drop offs. I am just worried about surge pricing after the game.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #6
Patricksp
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj2v View Post
Either uber or lyft will get you to the game. The stadium is very nice but it's in a not so nice area of Orlando. Plan to walk a bit to get to an area where you can request the car.

Expect to pay about $20-25 each way.

I have been using Lyft in orlando lately as they are throwing promo codes out to capture business while Uber has been stumbling
Where did you find promo codes?
Old 08-12-2017, 05:45 AM   #7
HawkeyeFLA
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

It's very important to note, that unless Uber has changed recently ... you will not have the +Car Seat option from the stadium. The +Car Seat was only around International Drive and Disney Areas. (Maybe MCO as well)

Just verified ... putting Orlando City Soccer Stadium as the pick up point, +CarSeat is not an option.

And while it's not the "best" area, it is one that is being slowly rejuvenated.
HawkeyeFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #8
Mj2v
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricksp View Post
Where did you find promo codes?
I had the app installed but have not opened in a while. A moment later it popped up for 10%.

Many credit cards and frequent (flyer/hotel) programs also offer bonuses as well.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 AM   #9
Mj2v
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFLA View Post

And while it's not the "best" area, it is one that is being slowly rejuvenated.
I have clients in that area. It will be a long time project. In 5 visits last month I called 911 twice. Once for a woman who reported an assault and another for someone overdosing. Both were in the middle of the day.

I still attend games and concerts in the area. It's a good idea to practice caution in any area.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
Djohn06
Grand Villa

I read the first line of this post and said this must be an Ohio person (before I looked at your location). Soccer passion is on fire in mid and SW Ohio these days.

Djohn06 is offline   Reply With Quote