home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Default Publix Instacart

I want to start adding foods to my shopping cart for our trip in September, but I do not immediately see a way to save my list for later. It looks like I can create "my foods", but I want to go ahead and start the list and share it to my group so that they can add to it as they want.

Anyone saved their cart before?

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I had mine started and it auto saved it. I probably started it a few months in advance when I was looking into the company to begin with.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I had mine started and it auto saved it. I probably started it a few months in advance when I was looking into the company to begin with.
I decided I wanted mine to be a "shared" list and then when I went my, my cart was empty, so I thought it would not be saved.

Did you have a way to print it out? Is that an option as you get further along in the order process?

Old 07-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I decided I wanted mine to be a "shared" list and then when I went my, my cart was empty, so I thought it would not be saved.

Did you have a way to print it out? Is that an option as you get further along in the order process?
Admittedly I did not share the list so I am not sure how that works. I know my regular list is saved as I add to it or I can put it in my favorites.

I see no way to easily print your list. I always did mine on the web so not much need for me to do that anyway.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I have started my list, and shared it with 4 other people and one person has been able to add to the cart with no problems. The system did retain my list once I changed it to shared and started over. I guess making it a shared list after I started adding things caused a problem.

Once I got started with the list, it was a breeze to use.

Anyone know how far out you can schedule your delivery?

Old 08-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I have started my list, and shared it with 4 other people and one person has been able to add to the cart with no problems. The system did retain my list once I changed it to shared and started over. I guess making it a shared list after I started adding things caused a problem.

Once I got started with the list, it was a breeze to use.

Anyone know how far out you can schedule your delivery?
I believe it's a about 5 days in advance. Definitely more than one or two days. As early as an hour before delivery as well.

Last edited by helenabear; 08-01-2017 at 02:00 PM.
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #7
SJSJ4
One Bedroom

To print, I click on the cart. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of your list. Start highlighting upward all the way up to your first item. While still highlighted, right click your mouse, and there should be a "print" . That's the way I print it out to make it easier to see what is in the cart. Once you right click-you can also copy to Word if you want My cart also auto-saves if I stay logged in.
Jan 2016 - OKW - Family had so much fun together!
Jan 2015 OKW - Another great trip with immediate family
Jan 2014 OKW - BEST TRIP EVER w/ my immediate family
Jan 2013 OKW, Jan 2012 OKW, Jan 2011 OKW, Jan 2010 OKW, Dec 2009 OKW, Jan 2008 OKW
Dec 2007 - OKW, Dec 2006 OKW
]an 2005 - SSR and FW Cabins
((June 2005 - New DVC Member)),
Jan 2004 - FWCabins,
Jan 2001 - FWCabins
1999 - Caribbean Resort
1996 - Outside Disney
1992 - Outside Disney
SJSJ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #8
DISNEYFIX
Studio

What (zip) store are you guys using? Anyone do a write up on the delivery portion, how to get the groceries? We leave in 2 weeks and this sound like a good idea. Someone point me in the right direction, please.
DISNEYFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFIX View Post
What (zip) store are you guys using? Anyone do a write up on the delivery portion, how to get the groceries? We leave in 2 weeks and this sound like a good idea. Someone point me in the right direction, please.
Zip is 32830

We wrote in delivery notes to meet us in lobby. Worked well for us.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #10
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFIX View Post
I am using Publix for everything, because we have a larger group this time and I need more staples than normal. When it will be just dh and I, I will probably use Whole Foods...

You can either go to Publix site or directly to instacart.com to get started. Since this is my first order, I have no experience with delivery yet, but we will be down there late Thursday night (not this week) and will have groceries delivered early Friday afternoon while waiting for some of our other party to arrive.

I had toyed with taking things down in a second suitcase (flying Southwest, so no fee), but Instacart seems so much easier and the older I get, the less I mind paying for convenience.

32830 is what I used for the zip as well--it is the zip for the Grand Floridian, which is where we are staying.