home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #1
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Default FOP And Fast Pass+?

We have a 4 night trip coming up starting Oct 12 which is a Thursday and our AK day will be that Saturday. My 60 day window opens in a few weeks and I'm just wondering what others have experienced when trying to get Flight Of Passage fast passes. Starting to stress. Thanks 😬
Old 07-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #2
pdude81
Two Bedroom

I would start with your last day. I recently was not able to get any FoP fastpasses for the first 2 days of our reservation when we were going to be staying at AKV. Ended up having to put them towards the end of a long trip and changing our plans of where we would be on particular days
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #3
jmark
Two Bedroom

When I logged in for our September trip for our third trip day, first AKL day, FOP was only available for late evening. 5 minutes later they were gone. (I was able to book the River Ride early morning however). Day 7 I was able to book FOP first thing in the morning. As the other poster said, I would try your last day of the trip and work back. Its definitely the hardest fast pass to get (7D had availability on our first day of our trip which I've never seen before).
jmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
grayandry
Grand Villa

We just went this summer, and we were able to book FPs for FoP on our 1st day and our last day. I don't recall it being an isssue, however, we worked our schedule around those FPs.

We are headed back to WDW in November, so I'll be curious to see if things change.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
willow13579
Studio

I forgot that my window opened (oops) and didn't log in until late that night. There was still good availability midweek-end of week. We ended up booking a late night FP+ for it on the AK moonlight magic night since we'd be there late anyway.
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #6
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I would start with your last day. I recently was not able to get any FoP fastpasses for the first 2 days of our reservation when we were going to be staying at AKV. Ended up having to put them towards the end of a long trip and changing our plans of where we would be on particular days
Our last day, Sunday, is our Halloween Party night so Saturday is our only option.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

There were some issues with those booking around the moonlight magic time recently. For our trip we were able to pick what we wanted for the 2nd day even. Later in the trip or smaller groups will likely yeild better results
Old 07-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #8
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Default FoP or Na'vi River Ride?

Our window opens in 3 days, and I have pretty much avoided reading much about the rides because I want to be surprised.

Now, they have two rides for Pandora - FoP and the Na'vi river ride. Both are FP+ rides.

Everyone talks about FoP, but not about the river ride. Is the latter easier to get on, or is the former just that much better? Are they both Tier 1?

Thanks for wisdom.

Cheers.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #9
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Our window opens in 3 days, and I have pretty much avoided reading much about the rides because I want to be surprised.

Now, they have two rides for Pandora - FoP and the Na'vi river ride. Both are FP+ rides.

Everyone talks about FoP, but not about the river ride. Is the latter easier to get on, or is the former just that much better? Are they both Tier 1?

Thanks for wisdom.

Cheers.
Haven't been yet so i can't describe the rides for you. YES they are both tier 1 rides! So if you're trying to get FP for both you will need to plan 2 days at AK.

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VGC, VWL, SSR & OKW
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:48 PM   #10
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

Thanks for wisdom.

Cheers.
Both are tier 1.
FoP is considered the more exciting and technologically impressive thrill ride.
Na'Vi River Ride is much calmer, AND usually easier to get on via FP or with usually lower wait times.

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote