home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #1
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Default Which Resort on property simply has no Attraction for you to stay there??

For us, it is Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek...

Love the themeing but I can get similar at AKV Jambo/Kidani and there I get several great restaurants, pools, AND Animals!!

Wilderness lodge has all the drawbacks of SSR as far as transportation if you ask me. At least SSR has Disney Springs with all of its attractions and restaurants.

Just so prefer other resorts to VWL..

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010
henrycpa91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 AM   #2
goofy kc
Two Bedroom

SSR - too much like a condo complex for my taste.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

For us it's SSR. It just reminds me of a huge apartment complex.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

SSR and OKW. I want location and easy access to the parks when I stay at a DVC.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
coastak
Grand Villa

I liked wilderness lodge for its fake isolation or did so well. It felt like you got away from everything there compared to most others. That's gone now with the cabins and waterfront stuff + removal of many many trees.

We really don't like the monorail resorts anymore also. To many people in the lobby that aren't stay there. Not relaxing at all and the monorail is down 25% of the time it seems. With the security check getting on them monorail the one thing we liked about it (resort hoping) is a pain now.

We will stick to Animal Kingdom Lodge and the occasional boardwalk when we can get in. Would like to do beach club but have never had luck getting it.
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #6
BWV2013
Studio

We plan on staying at each of the DVC resorts at least one time, but SSR is on the bottom of our list. Other than being close to Disney Springs it does not have anything that appeals to me.

So far we have stayed at AUL, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKL and PVB.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

OKW - Too much like an apartment complex and out of the way of everything.

BWV - Due to owning at BCV - too close in proximity

I am meh about Poly, but wouldn't rule it out entirely. I do like the bungalows for a splurge. Again, due to owning at VGF and BLT.

Wilderness Lodge really doesn't excite me either - but may want to try the cabins some day.

SSR - We own there but don't stay that often. We do like the THV. It is not my preferred location.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #8
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

To play devil's advocate (not arguing, just playing along)....

In some ways AKV has its own transportation issues given how far away it is from everything not AK-related, while Wilderness Lodge does (to some) have "second best" (to BLT) access to MK given how the monorail can be a pain in the rear/packed at park open and close/etc. That being said, I do somewhat miss the trees at the Lodge but I'm keeping an open mind and am anxious to do my first stay this fall given that the construction will be finished.

I personally didn't like how loud Poly was while we were there (landscaping people and birds made quite a bit of noise), although I give it huge props for the pool area and bars.

While I agree the DS resorts aren't for everyone, if you rent cars like I do they represent a good value which makes them "good" in their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
For us, it is Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek...

Love the themeing but I can get similar at AKV Jambo/Kidani and there I get several great restaurants, pools, AND Animals!!

Wilderness lodge has all the drawbacks of SSR as far as transportation if you ask me. At least SSR has Disney Springs with all of its attractions and restaurants.

Just so prefer other resorts to VWL..

DVC properties I've tried: VWL-BRV (owner), AUL (owner), SSR (owner), VB, VGF, BWV, PVB, BLT, AKV
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #9
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

I could add Poly to my list..

I think the themeing is cheesy and it is such a DARK resort from a lighting perspective..and the Points per night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH

Guys, I was same way about SSR until I stayed there. Never had an issue with Transport (lots of busses on regular schedule) and has great pools and good quick service. But the access to DS really adds for us.

honestly, never had a bad stay or an issue at SSR... I do not choose it first but if that is where I have to stay I am not disappointed.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010
henrycpa91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #10
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

BWV, the long hall ways, and we just don't like the theming. To me the only good thing about staying there is that if you get the right view, you can look out your window and see the pretty Yacht and Beach Club. This resort is always the very last one I check for when needing a room.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote