home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #1
FreakyApe
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Direct buy add-on wait times (25 points)

So i know the BCV waitlist is closed. Is there ever an opportunity to buy those points direct, or do we think that's gone forever?

Does anybody have anecdotal evidence for where the waits are shorter? BLT and BWV are of particular interest.

Poly and CCV are the only things I can expect to just call up and buy, right?

We're staying at BLT in about a month and I'm interested in getting direct in place to guarantee Top of the World access.
FreakyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

I think BWV, AKV, SSR and OKW should all be easy to get as a direct purchase? Others may have more recent first hand knowledge.
You do not need a direct contract to get access to TOWL. All DVC owners including new resale buyers have access to TOWL. There was a report early on of s new resale buyer having a problem, but that was a training issue. You should see TOWL listed on the DVC Member site as a benefit that you are entitled to.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:02 AM   #3
lespaul30
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I called my guide about a month ago regarding a direct addon. AKV was available at that time with no waitlist. SSR had a waitlist but there were points available to me about 48 hours later. I'm not sure about all resorts but it seems like if you are willing to waitlist, the points will eventually become available.
lespaul30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #4
bassetbeauty
Grand Villa

I contacted my guide in March about an add-on. I was told that Grand Floridian, Grand Californian and Beach Club were not available through the waitlist process. I am not sure of the individual wait times for other resorts.
bassetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
disney65
Grand Villa

BLT and BWV should not have a big problem compare to BCV as both are larger resort then BCV.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

We called our guide in August about adding 25 BWV points and were shocked to hear they had them right away. Recently, we were in contact with guide and asked about BCV and was told the waitlist was closed. I notice they are buying back some stuff in ROFR lately so there should be some options. We also added on BWV twice prior to last Aug and had to go on waitlist... one took like two weeks and the other was like a month or two. That was 2014.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB, March 3-10 at BWV and Oct 28- Nov 2 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #7
flypwm
One Bedroom

I bought BCV points direct last month - 55 to be specific, but they had more. They had February points live for me to buy in March, was an initial purchase for me. All said and done, that was probably 3-4 weeks ago. Give them a call. He put me on hold to go check on what they had, so if they're just telling you right away that there's no wait list, it may be that your guide hasn't checked? I don't know.

If you want a different guide, PM me and I'll give you my guide's phone number. He was helpful.
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #8
LouisianaMike
Studio

Default What was the cost of the 25 BWV points?

If you don't mind me asking, what did the 25 pts. for BWV cost? I'm planning on buying re-sale first then a small direct BWV contract to get the benefits.. Thanks!!

LouisianaMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
We called our guide in August about adding 25 BWV points and were shocked to hear they had them right away. Recently, we were in contact with guide and asked about BCV and was told the waitlist was closed. I notice they are buying back some stuff in ROFR lately so there should be some options. We also added on BWV twice prior to last Aug and had to go on waitlist... one took like two weeks and the other was like a month or two. That was 2014.
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #9
krisephillips
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyApe View Post
So i know the BCV waitlist is closed. Is there ever an opportunity to buy those points direct, or do we think that's gone forever?

Does anybody have anecdotal evidence for where the waits are shorter? BLT and BWV are of particular interest.

Poly and CCV are the only things I can expect to just call up and buy, right?

We're staying at BLT in about a month and I'm interested in getting direct in place to guarantee Top of the World access.
Can't see there being a long wait. If you are paying cash and mention so, the waitlist magically disappears. We purchased last year and I was told there was a waitlist and they would notify me when the points are available. I mentioned we are paying cash and then... "Oh, it does look like there are some points available!"

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #10
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaMike View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what did the 25 pts. for BWV cost? I'm planning on buying re-sale first then a small direct BWV contract to get the benefits.. Thanks!!

LouisianaMike
$165*25 + $105 closing = $4250

I bought BCV last year and they are the same price.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote