home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Default Beauty and the Beast... Casting disappointment

Okay, I usually try to steer clear of anything controversial, but it's a suckie Monday and I'm going to rant for a second. Luke Evans is playing Gaston in the new Beauty and the Beast??? What??? Wow! Did they just want a pretty face? I'm not knocking his acting ability (much), but I would never have picked him for that role. I just can't see him as Gaston. Anyone else out there have an opinion?
Old 01-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
PSULion22
Grand Villa

I think he certainly can pull of the arrogance of Gaston, especially in the clips we've seen so far. But I don't know that he's "beefy" enough.

Maybe someone like Channing Tatum or Chris Pratt, or even Tom Hardy or the Rock, would have given a better image. But I don't know that they could sing.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
I think he certainly can pull of the arrogance of Gaston, especially in the clips we've seen so far. But I don't know that he's "beefy" enough.

Maybe someone like Channing Tatum or Chris Pratt, or even Tom Hardy or the Rock, would have given a better image. But I don't know that they could sing.
Channing Tatum would have been great for the dancing aspect, but I agree about the worries over voice. I also have a hard time envisioning him in a villainous role.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Actually, my daughter and I talked about it last night. She also can't see him (Luke)
pulling it off. Her thoughts were that they won't be able to make him "big enough." Our votes went to Patrick Warburton.

(Who doesn't love Kronk? Lol!)

Last edited by ermindy1133; 01-23-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Info added
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #5
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Okay, I usually try to steer clear of anything controversial, but it's a suckie Monday and I'm going to rant for a second. Luke Evans is playing Gaston in the new Beauty and the Beast??? What??? Wow! Did they just want a pretty face? I'm not knocking his acting ability (much), but I would never have picked him for that role. I just can't see him as Gaston. Anyone else out there have an opinion?
I've never heard of him but he looks a bit skinny though toned...

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
Loro
Grand Villa

They should have made it Justin Bieber.

Not because he's in any way great for the role, just because I would want to see him mauled by the Beast.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post
They should have made it Justin Bieber.

Not because he's in any way great for the role, just because I would want to see him mauled by the Beast.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
I've never heard of him but he looks a bit skinny though toned...
He was the river barge man in the Hobbit movies, if that helps.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Maybe one of the Avengers would have been the best option - Chris Hemsworth. Huge, arrogant, good looking. Maybe even one of his brothers. I don't know if any of them can sing though. I gues Miley could always teach Luke
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #10
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
Maybe one of the Avengers would have been the best option - Chris Hemsworth. Huge, arrogant, good looking. Maybe even one of his brothers. I don't know if any of them can sing though. I gues Miley could always teach Luke
Some of the Avengers have fought with/against Beast before.... oh wait... wrong continuum.