home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-22-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Default You might be DVC Addict in need of some intervention if...

You log in from work each day, all day, to check mouseowners/other DVC forum because no one at work wants to listen to you.

During ROFR, you post for information on the ROFR process and timeline even though you have already spent the last 60 days reading every single locatable post/document/info page on it and you already know it is going to take 3 weeks plus. You simply hope that someone will tell you they got theirs faster and therefore, you surely will too!

You have a place on the counter (Shrine) with a change jar labeled "for Disney!" with your other Disney memorabilia (pins, old fast passess, tickets, magic bans) carefully laid around the change jar just in case the label wasn't enough.

When a relative hears you chatting they ask "is he/she talking about Disney again?" and the response from the other family member is "STILL. He/She hasn't stopped talking about it your last visit X months ago."

You know who Ken Potrock is. (Extra points for hunting him down if you see him and getting a picture!)

You have a special bank account just for Disney related travel. Extra points if you check same said account even when you have not recently added any money to it.

You find yourself watching Disney movies, even ones you don't actually like, just because you get see Cinderella's castle at the beginning... and that reminds you to look at your calendar for your next visit to MK.

Each time you have a meal, you think " I wonder if I can get "this" at Disney World. "

You have ever participated in a debate of the pros and cons of the Disney Dining Plan.

You know what ADR stands for and you wonder why others do not? extra points for saying ADR instead of what it means in normal conversation with other people.

Last but not least...
You take 4 hours of vacation just so you can post a "You might be DVC Addict" thread on mouseowners!

Let's hear them, I know you have more!
----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ealvarado8899; 08-22-2016 at 02:07 PM.
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

You check your MDE account daily to make sure your plans and tickets are still here .

You feel like you know the fellow mouse owners personally.

You can find all the bathrooms at any given park without asking the sweepers .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #3
jgrant
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

You check on wait times for rides. When you are at home in Ohio. Wishing you were at Disney.
jgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #4
bakerworld
Grand Villa

You cell says it's low on memory but you still won't delete your ride videos downloaded from MDE site.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #5
Dana
Grand Villa

You check Disney vacation club .com daily for resort availability just in case the opportunity arises to go sooner than your next already planned vacation.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

The ringtones chosen for different family members calling are ALL Disney songs.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

You haven't ever gone a year without borrowing points, and think about adding a new DVC contract daily.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:11 PM   #8
fenland girl
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

The first thing you do when you get up in the morning is check your countdown calendar (like you didn't already know how many days are left until your next disney vacation). You then continue to check your countdown calendar at various points during the day just in case, for some reason unkown to man or the forces of nature, your countdown has gone down since you last looked.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #9
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenland girl View Post
The first thing you do when you get up in the morning is check your countdown calendar (like you didn't already know how many days are left until your next disney vacation). You then continue to check your countdown calendar at various points during the day just in case, for some reason unkown to man or the forces of nature, your countdown has gone down since you last looked.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
You haven't ever gone a year without borrowing points, and think about adding a new DVC contract daily.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
MMC1
Grand Villa

If I ever won lottery they would make the I'm going to Disneyworld commercial:
except adding and buying lots of DVC .... (don't think winning lottery would be enough to live at Golden Oaks)
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote