home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
greenban
Grand Villa

Default greenbanned *SEMI* exclusive: DEEP CROAKER and OKW to 2057!

Thanks to Leftcoaster for the tip!!!!

Just off the phone with Deep Croaker and announced today:

1) Developer Points Bonus will end August 31. He expects *NO OFFICAL ANNOUNCEMENT*, just there August 31 and not there (as in gone) September 1!

2) REALLY BIG NEWS!!!
On 9/24/2007 OKW owners will be given a one-time option to extend their 2042 contracts until 2057. Price has not been decided upon.

I agressively questioned/challenged DC on # 2. It seems like short notice to me, especially without a price or process announced. DC strongly defended his info stating that:

A) Big cash flow increase for DVC.
B) Good way to reduce OKW excess inventory held by DVC
C) An effective way to reduce losses to resale, without adding an administrative fee to new resales (DC expects that may come to pass as well, in the future!)

Unrelated interesting fact. DVC Owners who contact DVC to sell back their memberships, are given a one-time buy back offer from DVC, about 60% of owners accept that offer!

DC expects GCV or CRV to be announced at the October Hometown meeting, and then the remaining resort (GCV or CRB) to be announced at the Mayish Hometown meeting.

Thanks again Lefty for the heads-up. I have been too busy lately to post much (gout attack slowed me waaaaaay down!)

More later!

Please note that at the present time Deep Croaker is my only source for these latest rumors!

-Tony

[

Last edited by greenban; 08-17-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: to correct exclusive status
Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

I knew you would be able to confirm! Here's one piece to add about the Sept. 24th date.

Tony, the only thing I would say I heard differently has to do with the September 24th date. My understanding is that on that date, their will be a special vote to be able to offer extensions. Once that is approved, then they will offer us the opportunity to extend our contracts or decline the extension. I don't know if there will be a time frame on how long we would have to decide to take th eextension or not.

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration
Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
zulaya
Grand Villa

veddy veddy interesting!

I wonder if the rest of the 2042 resorts will be offered the extension at some point....

hmm....

As always, Tony you are the man...er...frog!

DVC Member since 2002.

Next trip: Hopefully 2021
Old 08-15-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulaya
veddy veddy interesting!

I wonder if the rest of the 2042 resorts will be offered the extension at some point....

hmm....

As always, Tony you are the man...er...frog!

I think it will happen. Now, this is pure speculation on my part, but, I kind of wonder if with the other resorts if Disney will offer a staggered time frame for extension.
for example, it could be like this:

OKW- In 2007, an extension offered till 2057.
BWV- In 2008, an extension offered till 2058.
VWL- in 2009, an extension offered till 2059
BCV- In 2010, an extension offered till 2060.

The reason why I could see them doing something like this is it will maeke it much easier from an administrative standpoint. Imagine how swamped they would be if the tried to do this for all resorts at the same time.

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration
Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #5
Delaware Mike
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
I think it will happen. Now, this is pure speculation on my part, but, I kind of wonder if with the other resorts if Disney will offer a staggered time frame for extension.
for example, it could be like this:

OKW- In 2007, an extension offered till 2057.
BWV- In 2008, an extension offered till 2058.
VWL- in 2009, an extension offered till 2059
BCV- In 2010, an extension offered till 2060.
I'm left to wonder of the affect extended contracts will have on resale values. I can't help but feel prices would stabilize, if not increase. This, of course, would affect direct sale pricing as well.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
bababear
Grand Villa

I just remembered that I haven't closed on my OKW contract yet--the owner may change their mind or ask for more money

This is just a rumor right --could we keep it among ourselves for a few more weeks??
lol
Hugs Mel

Old 08-16-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
WDWfan
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear

I just remembered that I haven't closed on my OKW contract yet--the owner may change their mind or ask for more money

This is just a rumor right --could we keep it among ourselves for a few more weeks??
lol
Hugs Mel
OK - New poster here. I've been lurking and reading and am trying to buy my first DVC contract. I recently signed a contract and ti has been submitted to Disney for ROFR. It seems fair from everything I've been able to gather, but this thread got me to wondering if the original owner could change their mind. We've both signed the contract. Any thoughts?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 AM   #8
kimberh
One Bedroom

Tony,
As always you are the source of good info! Hope you are feeling better.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:49 AM   #9
Beca
One Bedroom

Tony,

I pm'ed you. Someone was kind enough to post your thread on the dis (they only THOUGHT they banned you!!), and I could not believe I was seeing a post by you!!! I have missed you SOO much, and didn't know you were posting here!!! This has certainly made my week!!

I'm so sorry you have been sick, and I hope you are back to your sassy self in no time!!!

I also hope that when/if DC ever gives you a heads up on BCV extensions, that you will let me know ASAP!!! I am SOOO ready to extend my points!!!

That's it...if Tony's here, I'm DEFINITELY going to have to pull up a couch and settle in here!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #10
lenshanem
Grand Villa

Very interesting indeed! I wonder what they'll do with my VWL and BCV??? I can't wait to see what the price will be!

Closed Thread