home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #31
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking You have me thinking now

I'm impressed with the kindness and generosity of my fellow MO....

You have me thinking now.

Happy Holidays, Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:50 PM   #32
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

We work with Make-A-Wish Foundation in Arizona to provide stays based on availability. It's hard to find availability because the trip really can't be planned out ahead like most DVC reservations.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #33
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross0354 View Post
Booked a 8 nights total (4 at AKL and 4 at BCV) 2 bedroom for my nephew to celebrate his 5th birthday. Treated my sister's family, my parents, and my friends to the room and also covered parks tickets for my parents and my nephew and the flight for my parents and nephew.

Treated my mom to a trip with 2 nights at Poly, a 3 night cruise, followed by 2 nights at SSR.

Treated my friend's family of 4 to their first trip to Disney, 7 nights at SSR.

I purchased my DVC membership following the death of my husband from cancer (he was only 29 at the time). I wanted to do something with the insurance payout that honored his memory in a fun way and he had always loved going to Disney (we actually went for our honeymoon and again just prior to him getting sick). I love that DVC has allowed me to share his love of Disney with our family and friends!
What a wonderful way to share his love of Disney with family.

We have been lucky enough to share our DVC with our kids and their friends. We have taken several of their friends to Disney and Aulani, trips to places which they wouldn't have otherwise been able to go on.

And just this year, we booked a SV studio at Jambo for my brother and his family (wife and 2 kiddos). They had never been on a big family trip out of the state until Disney...and we were happy to be able to help them with it.

ME DH DS21 DD19
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #34
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We regularly bring friends and family on trips using our DVC and HGVC points. We've also used our excess airline miles for tickets for family.

Cheers.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #35
TexasChick
Grand Villa

We bring my parents or my in-laws for free frequently. We usually set them up in a studio. We figure it’s the least we can do since the did raise us.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #36
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom

Booked a 7-day stay at Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas to a young family with children from church. The family had never really gone on a vacation due to finances. Also helped out with flight arrangements. The young children so loved Walt Disney World and everyone was so grateful!
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:47 PM   #37
nrspepe
Two Bedroom

We do a big family vacation every year, anywhere from 10 - 22 guests. Due to point constraints, its usually a Disney property only once every three years. We treat for everything...resort, tickets, dining plan and flights (flights only for immediate family). Only in a rare instance have we given points away for another’s use.

We are a generous family. My sister got married on a Disney cruise 18 years ago and invited 60 friends and family. She treated for the basic cabin with many of us paying for an upgrade. Post cruise we invited the immediate family to join us for a few days at OKW. We still talk about what a wonderful trip this was and enjoy the memories made with some no longer with us.

More recently, we have been thinking about donating a week to a favorite charity auction. Not quite sure how this would work with availability, planning and so forth. So, we are still in the thinking stage.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #38
bakerworld
Grand Villa

We share our points with our children without asking for anything towards the annual dues. We've taken 2 family vacations without asking for anything towards food or tickets. We have given two of DH's brothers 5N stays - one in a studio at BL and one in a 1br at AK.

Not sure whether that is generous or just status quo. I did have an agenda with the BIL's.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #39
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

We gave our niece several days at BWV and VB for her honeymoon.

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, Poly, & DRR
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #40
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

For the record, nothing. We do invited friends and family to stay with us, but that's about it.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote