home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-24-2019, 01:11 AM   #411
Dkg711
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I’ve read conflicting info about this online and I’m sure this has been asked on here before but I’m not finding anything when I search, so here it goes ...

If I buy an AP online, what exactly happens next? Do I get a “voucher” number that I can link to my MDE and if so, (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART) can I book FP+ at 60 days out with onsite reservations and AP vouchers linked to my account?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can book FP+ without the AP being activated, but linked to MDE and assigned to someone. You are also eligible for AP room discounts before activation

I'm doing the same thing right now. I have an AP that will not be activated until Oct., but I get the benefits of the AP now.
Dkg711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:55 AM   #412
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkg711 View Post
Yes, you can book FP+ without the AP being activated, but linked to MDE and assigned to someone. You are also eligible for AP room discounts before activation
One time I COULD NOT figure out why I couldn't make fast passes, I had a valid AP, why can't I make fast passes!!!! Then I realized I didn't have a room reservation yet. So you need both, but I see you knew that.

As I recall, I bought one in MDE one time and it linked itself, since I was logged in. But then I also remember a time when I was really having difficulty linking it; it finally worked, I didn't have to call or anything.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #413
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I thought I posted this and now cannot find the post, so if you see this for a second time, I apologize.

If I transfer points from my BLT contract to my VGF contract, are those transferred points still considered a 7-month window or would all points now in my VGF contract have the 11-month window at VGF.

Now that I type this out again, I feel those points have the 7-month window, but I wanted to confirm.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #414
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I thought I posted this and now cannot find the post, so if you see this for a second time, I apologize.

If I transfer points from my BLT contract to my VGF contract, are those transferred points still considered a 7-month window or would all points now in my VGF contract have the 11-month window at VGF.

Now that I type this out again, I feel those points have the 7-month window, but I wanted to confirm.
You are correct. BLT points retain home resort designation. So for a reservation at VGF, they would be usable at 7 months.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #415
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:

Yep, the points have the same skills and limits even if you give them new parents.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #416
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Yep, the points have the same skills and limits even if you give them new parents.
So we are going to launch the nature vs nurture debate now?
Old 06-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #417
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
You are correct. BLT points retain home resort designation. So for a reservation at VGF, they would be usable at 7 months.
I was afraid of that--would have been too easy otherwise.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:42 AM   #418
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I was afraid of that--would have been too easy otherwise.
Everyone would buy 25pt contracts at VGF, BCV etc and in another UY large SSR contracts if they didn’t keep their home resort.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #419
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
The normal searches don't SPECIFICALLY say. Is Hollywood and Vine all character, all the time, or is lunch character free. I find a couple conflicting hits on google.
Wife and I had a good time there, albeit expensive, but I refuse to get sucked into this character meal business.
Breakfast is Disney Jnr characters.

Lunch and Dinner is Minnie’s Seasonal Dining, and there’s always a season lol!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...wood-and-vine/

I think I posted it with the details open for the Minnie’s Seasonal Dining.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:20 PM   #420
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
If I buy an AP online, what exactly happens next? Do I get a “voucher” number that I can link to my MDE and if so, (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART) can I book FP+ at 60 days out with onsite reservations and AP vouchers linked to my account?

Thanks in advance!
Definitely. I bought an annual pass last year, and I was able to connect it to MDE and make fast pass reservations 60 days out. This was with a hotel reservation. Be sure to set aside some time to activate it with guest services when you arrive, though. I almost missed my first fast pass time because I was activating my annual pass.

Congrats on your first annual pass! Are you getting platinum or gold?
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote