home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
dsnygrl
Grand Villa

We had this cake made for our July anniversary by Chef Brian at the California Grill. It was approximately 80.00, but they took the TIW discount off with our meal, and honestly it was worth every penny! It served more than 4, I'd say at least 8-10 servings, possibly more. It was delicious, and they made it exactly as I asked.

Finally! dsnygrl's birthday trip
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84582

All Keyed Up-A Birthday Surprise!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=92138
Home Sweet Home! Proud Owner of BLT

Last edited by dsnygrl; 01-28-2013 at 03:49 PM.
dsnygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #22
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Those cakes look great.

I ordered a cake for DS birthday in December. It looked great and tasted even better. I need to upload the picture to this thread.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #23
destiny7
Two Bedroom

Thanks for posting I could have used this for my DGD 6th Birthday when there during our stay. 12/26/2012 thru 1/2/2013, oh well I have plenty other family b'days ahead and will keep this information.

DH:DWDS20dDS 16 DGD5: DGS3 DGS2 DGS 9mo, DGD 4 mo

Wondering why DH signature is Tinkerbell? While at Hoop de Doo Revue he was the Fairy(and a big one). So if all you kids are wondering who tinkerbell is?, it is him.
destiny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #24
rillabella
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I ordered a custom cake from the GF last week. First of all, it took a week for private dining to return my call. Then, I was only given the choice of chocolate or vanilla cake (we wanted almond) and a few fillings (our first choice, amarretto mousse, wasn't available). We ordered an indian-inspired cake that comes in pink/gold but asked to have the colors changed to turquoise/pink. When we received the cake, it was the horrific ivy green/light pink that you find on old ladies floral sofas. Ummmm...not at all what we asked for, and nothing that anyone with any sense would put on an indian themed cake! The cake itself was too sweet and chemically tasting, like you would get at walmart. Maybe it was something in the mousse or the strawberries, but we ended up throwing half of it away. For $160 PLUS 18% automatic gratuity on an 8" cake, I expected much more. Publix will be getting my business from now on!
rillabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #25
disneystitch626
Grand Villa

And for those thinking about doing a cake celebration aboard DCL...here is the order for and link to do that very thing.

http://dcl1.wdpromedia.com/media/dcl...+008302013.pdf

Eve's day job.

Founding member of the Mouse Miser Points Club..."How low can you go?"

disneystitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #26
robertt364
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Has anyone had any experience getting a strawberry shortcake somewhere in Disney? We are going for my wife's birthday in October and that is her favorite. I think we are going to do dinner at the royal table and would want it delivered there.
robertt364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #27
Minniesota
Grand Villa

I had the most incredibly adorable cake made for our anniversary dinner at Le Cellier one year. I called the Epcot dining number and sent them an email with a picture of the cake I wanted. They sent me a number of sketches with prices, and the chosen one came out beautifully. It was delicious! Big enough for about a dozen people, though.

The icing was fondant over buttercream with a vanilla cake. The mickey ears were chocolate and the balls on top were fondant. Soooo yummy.

Minniesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #28
T1lersm0m
Grand Villa

The cakes sure sound yummy, but I can't imagine spending more on a cake than I would normally spend on a meal (at home). $70+ for an 8" cake is a lot, even by Disney's standards (or maybe I'm just cheap!)
T1lersm0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #29
Deirdre
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt364 View Post
Has anyone had any experience getting a strawberry shortcake somewhere in Disney? We are going for my wife's birthday in October and that is her favorite. I think we are going to do dinner at the royal table and would want it delivered there.
The Boardwalk Bakery usually has them. I would just call ahead to make sure
a cake is ready when you are.

Facing a mirror you see merely your own countenance; facing your child you finally understand how everyone else has seen you. - Daniel Raeburn
Deirdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #30
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesota View Post
I had the most incredibly adorable cake made for our anniversary dinner at Le Cellier one year. I called the Epcot dining number and sent them an email with a picture of the cake I wanted. They sent me a number of sketches with prices, and the chosen one came out beautifully. It was delicious! Big enough for about a dozen people, though.

The icing was fondant over buttercream with a vanilla cake. The mickey ears were chocolate and the balls on top were fondant. Soooo yummy.

I love it !!

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote