home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
dandandat
Studio

Default Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast

Has any one done the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno restaurant at BWV?

It says it's a new charicturer dining experience with Arial and Rupunzel.

What type or food is it? It doesn't sound like a buffet.

Is it worth it?
dandandat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
beachclubmum
Studio

We did it last April shortly after it started. Thought it was great and are signed up to do it again after the Princess Race. Had been a bit worried that the food would suffer but it was as good as ever. Character interaction was good, even though it wasn't our primary reason for eating there. One nice thing about it not being a buffet: you can take leftovers with you.
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
dandandat
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclubmum View Post
We did it last April shortly after it started. Thought it was great and are signed up to do it again after the Princess Race. Had been a bit worried that the food would suffer but it was as good as ever. Character interaction was good, even though it wasn't our primary reason for eating there. One nice thing about it not being a buffet: you can take leftovers with you.
Thanks for the info. Made reservations for 6 (including two little girls) next May.
dandandat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
starry_solo
One Bedroom

It's a sit down restaurant with a fixed menu. For a specific price, you get pastries (a basket to share, in Rapunzel's frying pan), an entree (you can choose from several), and a drink (non-alcoholic).

I went in May with my two friends (adults) and we enjoyed it!
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
LR0929
One Bedroom

Following. We are thinking about making a reservation and are curious to hear peopleís thoughts. From what Iíve heard/read so far, it sounds like something we will definitely want to do. Also interested in hearing if anyone had a dish they highly recommend...

Thanks!
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #6
Laura D
One Bedroom

We enjoyed the food and the characters were the best we have ever encountered. Our server, however, was the absolute worst we've ever had at Disney and probably ranked in the top five of bad servers we've had in the real world.

I enjoyed that it was a character meal without being a buffet.
Laura D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #7
starry_solo
One Bedroom

The characters will spend as much time as you want with the guests in order to take great pictures too!
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
Goofy85
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We had breakfast in August, family of five, three daughters and it was a great experience. We arrived at the earliest reservation time and they introduced each character over a loud speaker and made a huge entrance, which we have not experienced before. One thing I noticed was that they handed out autograph cards instead of us getting autograph books signed. Not a huge deal, but I'm learning more character experiences are doing that now. Probably to speed up the experience and reduce lines.

The food was excellent, we didn't leave hungry!
Old 11-12-2017, 10:00 PM   #9
raymond70
Studio

Never did character meal there. On a side note, we found the food just ok when we went about 2 years ago. Everyone seems to like it here at MO. Maybe it's gotten better? Or am I too picky?
raymond70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Went last month, found it very cute. Could do without the princes though, haha...

I had the breakfast calzone, thought it was quite good.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote