home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 09:15 PM   #11
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
...he Abracadabra bar at Boardwalk
Jut noticed this. In case you search for it for any reason, it's actually Abracadabar, as opposed to Abracadabra bar.

Cheers.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #12
flypwm
One Bedroom

I haven't, and not really on my list.

Here's the menu -

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...cadabar/menus/

Not a particularly great beer selection, and I wonder if that's a priority. For instance, Sea Dog Brewing is definitely not from South Burlington, VT. It's actually from South Portland, ME, and likely brewed in Orlando or Clearwater.

Wines, at least those of which I'm familiar with, aren't anything special. And for whatever reason, the pricing by the glass is better than the bottle price, unless they're pouring really light glasses.

I know I'm nit-picking, but this place is probably more about the theme than the content. Disney does have some better bars nearby. The lounge at Bluezoo is a great option.
flypwm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #13
SSRownerInNY
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We went there and had some drinks. The drinks at Disney are expensive. But I can honestly say you get what you pay for here. The drinks are strong. And let me just say, I am the first to send my drink back to make it stronger. So for me to say that a drink is strong means half a bottle is in it lol. I literally took a few sips of my drink and threw it out because there was no way myself or my husband could drink it. Mind you I did order the absinthe drink. And yes I have drank it before but theirs was extremely potent. My husband and I shared his gin drink because it was too strong for one person.
SSRownerInNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #14
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Been there several times, most recently with JimP last Sunday.

It's OK. I really to like it more than I do, because it's a very cool place. The beer selection is just OK. They have some interesting cocktails. Full bar, of course, so off-the-menu is fine, too.

The space is very much fun.

As for other stuff on the Boardwalk- couldn't really tell you. We're generally earlyish to bed, early to rise and run folks. I can tell you that the Boardwalk is magical just before sunrise and as it's coming up.

Cheers.
I was kind of like you. I wanted to like, but... it's a bar. Really after a few minutes of looking at the décor, I was like "well it's nice, but not someplace I will go out of my way for"

Didn't even step in during my BW stay last week.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #15
cpnkirk
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I was kind of like you. I wanted to like, but... it's a bar. Really after a few minutes of looking at the décor, I was like "well it's nice, but not someplace I will go out of my way for"

This was my first thought when I saw the pictures of the new Baseline Tap House. Looks like a basic bar. At least the Abracadabar looks interesting. I might even get DW to go in there for the color changing Rita.

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #16
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post

We went almost 11 months between DVC trips and I had reconvinced myself that this was a cool place to go. Then got there and realized that it was cool to look at, and now a whole lot else.

Further away, but Disney Springs rocks for truly cool bars to visit.

Cheers.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #17
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post
I haven't, and not really on my list.

Here's the menu -

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...cadabar/menus/

Not a particularly great beer selection, and I wonder if that's a priority. For instance, Sea Dog Brewing is definitely not from South Burlington, VT. It's actually from South Portland, ME, and likely brewed in Orlando or Clearwater.

Wines, at least those of which I'm familiar with, aren't anything special. And for whatever reason, the pricing by the glass is better than the bottle price, unless they're pouring really light glasses.

I know I'm nit-picking, but this place is probably more about the theme than the content. Disney does have some better bars nearby. The lounge at Bluezoo is a great option.

I see your points...but we are looking for stuff to do right on the Boardwalk so we will check it out...we may also try the Blue Zoo bar or save it for next time....good info! thx!

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS19 DD13

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #18
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
It is ok but nothing special. The theming is pretty cool, but it is very small and can be hard to get s seat. They do not serve any food, not even bar snacks which is probably by design to keep the turnover high.
They do serve snacks now. They have the pork belly appetizer from flying fish, awesome feta siracha fries and several other things.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #19
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

We love Abracadabar! We are a little biased as we've made friends with the bartenders - we've gone out with them after they've closed down.

If you go, tell Skippy and Gail that Amy & Yuri say "hi".
Old 10-03-2017, 11:05 PM   #20
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyAmy View Post
we've gone out with them after they've closed down.
Why am I not surprised?

Cheers.