home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
cwmouse
Studio

Question Early Morning Crystal Palace Breakfast

Trip in mid-April , on a Saturday not a EMH morning,3 adults and 4 children, have reservation at 8:45 for breakfast, changed from 8:30. Staying at BCV, thought the later time would be better but still before opening of park. I could get a 9:10 but would they still let us in before opening? Getting everyone there requires using a car or using Uber or something. Trusting the bus is too iffy. Thought it would be nice to walk through park before opening. Based on reservation , when do they let you in park to walk to Crystal Palace?

Last edited by cwmouse; 11-22-2017 at 01:39 PM. Reason: grammer
cwmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #2
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmouse View Post
Trip in mid-April , on a Saturday not a EMH morning,3 adults and 4 children, have reservation at 8:45 for breakfast, changed from 8:30. Staying at BCV, thought the later time would be better but still before opening of park. I could get a 9:10 but would they still let us in before opening? Getting everyone there requires using a car or using Uber or something. Trusting the bus is too iffy. Thought it would be nice to walk through park before opening. Based on reservation , when do they let you in park to walk to Crystal Palace?
They do generally have special bus runs for people with breakfast reservations before park opening, and you could get information at the Beach Club concierge or checkin desk. But I would also not trust the bus.

Go to the booth on the far left of the entrance plaza for early admission. Of course have your confirmation number handy, though you may not need it. They will give you plenty of time to get to your reservation. There would not be any problem lingering on Main Street, but do not expect to or attempt to visit other parts of the park before opening time.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmouse View Post
You will be let in early, see post above.

Buses will run early, but you will be better off using Uber or a Minnie Van.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
You will be let in early, see post above.

Buses will run early, but you will be better off using Uber or a Minnie Van.

I usually Uber most places but early morning it's a must.

Only issue for you is car seats if needed. I think mini van will be your best bet for that many people.

but I have a question....
People complain about car seats not in Uber. Generally you won't have that available. So....you read a few complaints. But a bus has none. And you get right on....
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17.

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
cwmouse
Studio

Question

Thanks Mouseowners for the replies. How far out in time from reservation will they let you into park. If I have a 8:45 am ressie will they let us in at 8:15am? If I took a 9:10 am ressie would they let us in at 8:30am? Just curious how much time we could walk around Main Street and take pictures. The transportation question is up in the air. Uber , I think has car seats in the larger vehicles. I will need car seats for the 1 year old and 2 1/2 year old. I may have a car to use but I like the idea of getting dropped off closer to entrance. All information is appreciated.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
mousefan1972
Grand Villa

For a 9 AM opening, all guests are admitted starting at 8 AM, sometimes earlier.

See link that explains the opening procedure which has been in place since January 2017.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/0...ffect-touring/
Old 11-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
cwmouse
Studio

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
For a 9 AM opening, all guests are admitted starting at 8 AM, sometimes earlier.

See link that explains the opening procedure which has been in place since January 2017.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/0...ffect-touring/
Just changed my reservation to 9:10 am so we are not rushing in morning. I was told that I could get in park between 8:30 and 8:45 . The new morning show begins at 8:55 and is 4:51 minutes long, so I hope we can catch show before we walk over to Crystal Palace.