home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #71
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
I have since found out all the Beaches are public and part of the KoOlina Govt Controlled land. So when we arrived Oracle had thier Presidential level Sales event going on from Sat - Mon. Had Tables and tents for that event. Then on Thursday they took half the beach to set up for the final event of the Hawiaiian Food And Wine Event which is what you see here. I was not the happiest with it.
I think about a third of the time I have been there, there has been some sort of private event on the beach for at least part of my trip. Usually they are small and last for one night but there have been huge multi-day events where they set up a massive stage that takes over half the beach and sometime extends into the water. At least with Food & Wine you can buy a ticket to attend or at least watch the fireworks.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #72
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
I think about a third of the time I have been there, there has been some sort of private event on the beach for at least part of my trip. Usually they are small and last for one night but there have been huge multi-day events where they set up a massive stage that takes over half the beach and sometime extends into the water. At least with Food & Wine you can buy a ticket to attend or at least watch the fireworks.
The last night of the food and wine event was going on the first time we went to Aulani. We enjoyed the fireworks, and then the tents and everything thankfully went away by the next day. We lucked out and didnít see any events going on during our stay last year. Both trips were 10 nights long. We would have been disappointed to lose beach access for extended periods on either trip, and Iím sorry that thatís what occurred on Jamie's trip.

My aunt and uncle were coincidentally at Aulani at the same time as us for our first trip. For what itís worth, they attended the food and wine event on the beach and enjoyed it. We had a one year old with us at the time, so buying tickets to that was not in the cards for us. The free fireworks display was decent enough, though.
luaulei321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #73
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
$500 per person for the premium ticket and $250 per person for regular ticket. No thank you. Fireworks were free!!!!!

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #74
bwvBound
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
I have since found out all the Beaches are public and part of the KoOlina Govt Controlled land. So when we arrived Oracle had thier Presidential level Sales event going on from Sat - Mon. Had Tables and tents for that event. Then on Thursday they took half the beach to set up for the final event of the Hawiaiian Food And Wine Event which is what you see here. I was not the happiest with it.
Yeeeeesh. Larry owns his own Hawaiian island ... he should have had his party at home.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote