home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-18-2017, 11:45 PM   #1
delfinavacano
Studio

Default UberEATS

Hey,

I saw this mentioned on a treehouses thread and had not heard of it before. Anyone used it? Reviews? I tried putting in Kidani to see if they would deliver there and that was a no, but I put in Ft. Wilderness and it was in the zone. (We are doing a split stay.).

Let me know how it was! We arenít getting a rental car so it would be nice to have other food items delivered. (We are getting some things from Amazon Prime Now, but weíd also like to be able to just relax in our villa or campsite and not cook!)

Thanks!
delfinavacano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
dandandat
Studio

I don't know if I would use ubereats ; you really don't know the person delivering your food or their cleanliness.

Sure that's always a problem when ever you get delivery. But at least with convetuonal delivery the restaurant has some kind of oversight of their drivers. Bad reviews and ect could mean something to a restaurant and it's delivery staff. Theirs skin in the game.

With the independent contractor setup of uber both uber and the restaurant can wash their hands off a bad deliver... yet it's you still eating the food.
dandandat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
goofy kc
Two Bedroom

Have used it at home and office, and have never had a problem. In my experience the containers have been in bags that were stapled shut or in really large shopping bags that held the various boxes (like Panera). Probably depends on where you order from. We are planning to try UE the next time we are at BWV. Prior visits we choked down Pizza Window pizzas and have vowed never again.