home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 04:09 AM   #31
BoPeepDH
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
I know nothing about your situation, but if possible, working from Disney is great too. I have spent 2-3 days working from the hotel room while the family runs amok. I set myself in BWV boardwalk view and watched the boats and activity. I thought it was great, many others thought I was nuts but I like my work and combining work and Disney is not terrible thing for me. Just food for thought.

Also worth pointing out, I went 12 years without a vacation. Somewhat overrated. Something about Disney is a greater lure than any other place in the world for me.
I share the same view. We both do, which is why we travel to WDW. DLR just does not provide that same Disney bubble that I crave. None of the overseas parks I visited really did.

70 to 80 hour weeks are common for me, but I get to work remotely anywhere I want. 50 hour weeks is common for my wife, but she needs to be onsite. She also devotes another 20 hours / week for her side project. We always found plenty of time to vacation with that schedule.

The difference this time around is her side project may be turning into a viable, lucrative business. It now also requires her to travel to meet up with VC's, vendors, and clients which is what she will be using her vacation for.
BoPeepDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:22 AM   #32
BoPeepDH
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll rent out the points through David a year at a time. Hopefully we get to stay in a Savannah view villa sooner than projected.
BoPeepDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #33
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoPeepDH View Post
Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll rent out the points through David a year at a time. Hopefully we get to stay in a Savannah view villa sooner than projected.
Since you may only go for a long weekend, why not splurge and try to get concierge? In January the points are the lowest so you would have to book right in the 11 month window. Also, early december with low points and the christmas decorations are all up is also worth considering:-)
Old 11-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #34
ajc
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoPeepDH View Post
This would have been a perfect solution if we lived in eastern or at least central time. Living in pacific time would make the round trip too disruptive to the children's regular schedule. But then again, if we lived in eastern time with frequent direct flights to Orlando, I would have bought more points.
any interest in a stay at Aulani?
Kids with grandma or the whole family?
Banking & renting may be easier, though.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote