home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #1081
Maytai5dh2
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Thank you for all those helping with the BJ's 8% promo. Even though a Sam's Club member, I basically knew nothing about BJ's, let alone the ability to have an online $10 membership and certainly not about the 8%.

It wasn't accepting my city name just now (never happened in my life and even went to 2 browsers). I did a 'Chat' with someone and in 5 minutes I received a personal call from a lovely lady who literally signed me up.

I immediately went and ordered 6 - $100 cards and I am thrilled. I was a little afraid to order more and am satisfied because more than Target's 5%. I know others tie into other cards but I don't have those cards and appreciate even the 8%.

Thank you very much for sharing this information.
I had the same issue with my city name when creating my online account. I went to adjust it later after I created the account with a generic city near me and realized it doesn't accept spaces (very weird).
Maytai5dh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #1082
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytai5dh2 View Post
I had the same issue with my city name when creating my online account. I went to adjust it later after I created the account with a generic city near me and realized it doesn't accept spaces (very weird).
I thought that might be it so I tried it without spaces (sometimes it's misspelled on signs) but nope...still no.

Nice lady from BJ's said she only put in Zip and let the city come up by itself.
Makes no sense but it worked for her.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #1083
Loro
Grand Villa

Thanks for posting, everyone. Ordered a few $100 ones today.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #1084
SAMAYA
Studio

Quote:
I bought the $100 cards because they were the highest denomination to combine later.

Here are the prices I see online with the 8% discount:
$22.99 for $25
$45.99 for $50
$91.99 for $100
$137.99 for $150 (3 pack of $50 cards)

The $500 cards are selling for $484.99 so the discount is only 3%.

I paid the $10 annual online membership fee plus my state sales tax.

Good luck with your gift card purchase!
Many thanks and that's a great saving and for only a $10 fee.

Hope the 8% discount stays for a little while longer.
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #1085
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thank you for all those helping with the BJ's 8% promo. Even though a Sam's Club member, I basically knew nothing about BJ's, let alone the ability to have an online $10 membership and certainly not about the 8%.

It wasn't accepting my city name just now (never happened in my life and even went to 2 browsers). I did a 'Chat' with someone and in 5 minutes I received a personal call from a lovely lady who literally signed me up.

I immediately went and ordered 6 - $100 cards and I am thrilled. I was a little afraid to order more and am satisfied because more than Target's 5%. I know others tie into other cards but I don't have those cards and appreciate even the 8%.

Thank you very much for sharing this information.

Quote:
Quote:
I thought that might be it so I tried it without spaces (sometimes it's misspelled on signs) but nope...still no.

Nice lady from BJ's said she only put in Zip and let the city come up by itself.
Makes no sense but it worked for her.
I had the same issue. But I figured it's because the town I live in uses a different town's post office (my town does not have a post office), so my zip code does not 'match' my town name.
So I put in the town name that I don't live in to sign up. Then when I got to check out, I was able to change the town for both the mailing address and the billing address to the correct name.

So if your town shares a zip code with other towns, that could have been the issue as well. Just a thought.

NOTC4
It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #1086
iheartglaciers
Studio

Thanks for the heads up! I paid $10 to join BJs online, but between the 8% and the 5% Chase Freedom cash back, this was a great way to get a discount for paying next year’s dues!
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #1087
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

My cards came today.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #1088
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

Just a heads up that you don't have to pay the $10 online fee to BJs. Just remove it from your cart and checkout. No problems....arrived today.

You just set up your account, but don't check out. Remove the $10 fee and leave the gift cards. It then asks you if you want to check out as a 'guest'. It does say that surcharges may apply if you use guest checkout, but this isn't for gift card purchases which are not subject to the guest surcharge, verified with BJs. Save the $10 and enjoy the extra savings.
“Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that.” ~Walt Disney

Me(34) DW(33) DD(5)

Last edited by GiantsNiners11; Yesterday at 07:34 PM.
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #1089
bluebunny72
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
Just a heads up that you don't have to pay the $10 online fee to BJs. Just remove it from your cart and checkout. No problems....arrived today.
That works because BJ's is offering their "No Membership fee – now thru 11/4/18".
bluebunny72 is offline   Reply With Quote