home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 09:33 PM   #151
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
I just finished ďThe Shrink Next DoorĒ. The entire time I was It is presented by Bloomberg. I seem to like podcasts that are narrative in nature, rather than conversations that can take forever to get to the point. You can tell relatively quick if you will like a podcast. Just keep looking.

Good task for tomorrow methinks, thanks again.

Had dinner with former coworker tonight visiting from Headquarters in Japan (heís been here a few days annually for the last several years, some of our month-end reports went to him). Nice time, indeed. He told me he and some of his Headquarters colleagues missed me greatly, I said if they were still in charge Iíd still be there... At times English can be difficult for him, but that he understood completely.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:23 PM   #152
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Offer #1 wanted a response today. My response was a counter-offer. Waiting to hear back.

Offer #2 is still pending. I told them that offer #1 exists, but that they're the preferred company if all else is equal. They're trying to get an official offer to me tomorrow or Thurs morning. Talked to HR today and he threw out a good number for $. I think they're trying to put their best foot forward.

Hopefully all goes well and I'll be celebrating freaking Monday in a couple of weeks.
Good wishes Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
Work it, Dave! Good luck.

DD and I were in Grand Rapids today for orientation at GVSU. We, apparently, still have to get the official transcript sent to GVSU from Kirkland CC for DD to get those 30 credits. But sheís an incoming freshman with 30 credits....so really, in numbers, sheís a sophomore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
US Womenís National Team......WOW!!! A 13-0 win.

Pam Dave impressive to your young adults and their school credits already obtained

Brian good to hear you had a nice dinner with former colleague

.... we're pulling for St Louis Blues to win their first Stanley cup, looking good with (now very good) with 8 minutes to go

WDW
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:36 AM   #153
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Yes, Karl, hooray for the Blues! Good for them. Kellyís turn tonight, perhaps...
Old 06-13-2019, 06:50 AM   #154
beansprout
Grand Villa

Another vote for Disney podcasts Brian. My commute is less than 20 minutes and Iíll still listen to them! Enchanted Tiki Talk, Thirty20eight, the Mouse Knows Best, Connecting With Walt, and Disney Nerds are currently on my lists.
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #155
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Another vote for Disney podcasts Brian. My commute is less than 20 minutes and Iíll still listen to them! Enchanted Tiki Talk, Thirty20eight, the Mouse Knows Best, Connecting With Walt, and Disney Nerds are currently on my lists.
Going to go and look for these. I hadn't thought about Disney podcasts. How is it that we have never discussed podcasts before. I'm happy to have something else to search out.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #156
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post

Thanks Nancy, I know youíve mentioned before. As long as the hosts donít annoy me sounds like an excellent start, haha.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #157
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Thanks Nancy, I know youíve mentioned before. As long as the hosts donít annoy me sounds like an excellent start, haha.
Yes, some hosts are annoying. Thatís why I subscribe to so many. If I donít like the topic or they are off on a rampage I hold the power to switch to another. I used to listen to one who thankfully stopped producing. They must have realized they overstayed their airtime!
Kelly, let me know if you find one that you like. There are tons out there. After listening to Tiki Talk for a year and getting to enjoy their talk I was saddened to learn that one of the hosts died suddenly of a heart attack. It was Christmas week, he just became a new dad. His listeners felt the loss. Iím glad they kept his voice in the closing of every show.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #158
D C
Add-on Aficionado

It's official!
June 24th will be freaking Monday.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #159
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Yes, Karl, hooray for the Blues! Good for them. Kellyís turn tonight, perhaps...
That was a great game! The Blues deserved to win the cup! Longest wait for a cup win in NHL history.

I watched the game with a bunch of guys from hockey. Nobody was rooting for the B's. Wait... we don't have any Boston fans in here, do we??
Old 06-13-2019, 06:37 PM   #160
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
It's official!
June 24th will be freaking Monday.

Which job? Last I read there were two