home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #31
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

We go for almost three weeks in the summer, so the AP makes sense for us. I usually purchase the Gold pass, then if we go over NYE, upgrade it to the premier.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #32
LouisianaMike
One Bedroom

We're without AP's for the first time since 2011 and it feels a bit weird!! With the prices of AP's so high now, it's tough to justify buying 4 each year. We're giving Disney a break in 2019, so we'll see what 2020 has in store for me and my family.

LouisianaMike
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #33
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrspepe View Post
However, we would like to forgo our visit to WDW next Spring and check out HHI instead.
If so, maybe we'll see you there! We used to go to WDW every spring, but are definitely considering HHI for next year instead. But then, DH just entered the lottery for the Master's golf tournament so now everything's up in the air.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #34
Ccarroll1100
Grand Villa

Yes- no more AP after these expire and downsizing to only 1 contract.
Selling 2.

I believe we will be spending a lot less time at Disney.

It just feels like it keeps getting more and more crowded.
Ccarroll1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:20 PM   #35
BobParr
One Bedroom

Our APs expired in May during a stay at OKW (our first). It wasnít worth it to start the clock on a renewal when we werenít planning on coming back untIl October. Fortunately we had purchased Universal APs when they were giving an additional 6 months free, so we just went to USO/IOA for the last two days of the trip. Fun time and a good change of pace.

Iím leaning toward just buying military PH in October, as weíve been to WDW 3 times in the past year. Honestly I would probably take a pass on F&W this year, but we have DVC reservations, and SWGE will be open. Not sure if the crowd crush is worth it, but hopefully DHS will draw crowds from the other parks, and we can enjoy Epcot more.
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #36
Dabber
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

AP passes are too expensive if you canít go at least 3 times per year. We no longer buy them but have now bought Florida residents tickets. Much more affordable. Also would love if they offered a after 5:00 discounted ticket!
Dabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #37
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccarroll1100 View Post
Yes- no more AP after these expire and downsizing to only 1 contract.
Selling 2.

I believe we will be spending a lot less time at Disney.

It just feels like it keeps getting more and more crowded.
We pop in do our 2 or 3 FPs so for a few hours the crowds aren't a problem. As long as I can still find seating at the bar, I'm good.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #38
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

We will probably only go once this year, but DVC Gold AP renewal is roughly the same price as 5 or 6 day PH (depending on when you go). I like having the AP so that we can go partial days at beginning or end of trip without feeling like we are wasting an expensive park ticket. Also, I hate, hate, hate the new tickets where you have to pick a start date. Iíd rather just renew the DVC AP. Best case savings on a 5 day PH over renewal is something like $20/ticket. That $20 savings is NOT worth having to deal with those new tickets or giving up partial days at beginning or end of trip.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #39
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Also, I hate, hate, hate the new tickets where you have to pick a start date. Iíd rather just renew the DVC AP. Best case savings on a 5 day PH over renewal is something like $20/ticket. That $20 savings is NOT worth having to deal with those new tickets or giving up partial days at beginning or end of trip.
Iím glad Iím not the only one. Itís annoying and confusing.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #40
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
We will probably only go once this year, but DVC Gold AP renewal is roughly the same price as 5 or 6 day PH (depending on when you go). I like having the AP so that we can go partial days at beginning or end of trip without feeling like we are wasting an expensive park ticket. Also, I hate, hate, hate the new tickets where you have to pick a start date. Iíd rather just renew the DVC AP. Best case savings on a 5 day PH over renewal is something like $20/ticket. That $20 savings is NOT worth having to deal with those new tickets or giving up partial days at beginning or end of trip.
I hate it too. Because of the new pricing I see us doing APs for a while. Even one 7 day trip more than pays for it.