home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Default Riviera and Reflections update?

I listened to the DIS conference call the other day and I didn't hear anything about DVC. Just wondering if anyone has knowledge about DRR sales or any updates on Reflections? Has construction resumed? Any rumors of Direct Sales Price reductions or increased incentives?? Where is construction at for the new DVC at DL ?? So many questions...

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2021**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2021**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL,& Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

DVC sales are not happening for now. Reflections is moving forward and recently filed five new permits for the project.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Projected reopening date of sales is June 1st but I don't know if that was simply tied to park opening and will get extended or not.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Thanks for the updates... hadn't heard that!

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2021**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2021**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL,& Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
DVC sales are not happening for now. Reflections is moving forward and recently filed five new permits for the project.
By moving forward, do you mean they plan to continue? Construction hasn’t re-started.

I saw the permits. But someone pointed out that from the time construction stopped there was a further two to three weeks before the staff were furloughed. The permits may have been filed for “intent” because someone had time on their hands.

I heard that almost everything not completed is up for consideration. Only Rat, Tron and GotG are certain to be completed, because they’re so far along.

I think a lot of things will just sit still for a while, at least a year. After that, much of what was announced at D23 might well get shelved.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
By moving forward, do you mean they plan to continue? Construction hasn’t re-started.

I saw the permits. But someone pointed out that from the time construction stopped there was a further two to three weeks before the staff were furloughed. The permits may have been filed for “intent” because someone had time on their hands.

I heard that almost everything not completed is up for consideration. Only Rat, Tron and GotG are certain to be completed, because they’re so far along.

I think a lot of things will just sit still for a while, at least a year. After that, much of what was announced at D23 might well get shelved.
I really hope that this isn’t the case, but I’m not at all willing to bet against it. I think that a lot of projects will be in the “wait and see” category. Sigh! And I was really crossing my fingers for a Haunted Mansion resort on Discovery Island...
Old 05-08-2020, 06:55 PM   #7
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

Who / What are you sources of information for these tidbits?
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:29 PM   #8
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I really hope that this isn’t the case, but I’m not at all willing to bet against it. I think that a lot of projects will be in the “wait and see” category. Sigh! And I was really crossing my fingers for a Haunted Mansion resort on Discovery Island...
A haunted mansion resort would be a LOT of fun - hope they pull that off!
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:36 PM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

The Reflection Permits can be found on the permit website.

Reflections will be completed because its part of the long time frame of Disney.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:26 PM   #10
Chris71855
Studio

I forget where exactly I read it but I saw that Disney hired a 3rd party construction company to continue on Reflections, so it is currently the only thing being worked on.
Chris71855 is offline   Reply With Quote