home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Default NYE Trip Report- 3 Resorts, Dining, FW +

My NYE Trip Report
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE @ WDW
3 Resorts - Dining Plan (Including the New Artist Point) - Fireworks - Character Couture Makeover And A Relaxed Pace During A Busy Week

WHO IS GOING AND WHEN?
Now that our kids are older, it is really hard to find times to go to Disney together. Our son in college 5 hours away and our daughter is active in marching band and theatre in high school. We really hate the heat and sunburn easily, so we don’t like to go in the summer. This year we decided to brave the crowds and against my better judgement, we planned a trip for Dec. 30 to January 5. The travel party included:

--- Me = Extreme Crazy Addicted Disney Lady
--- Husband = Fairly Crazy Addicted Disney Dude
--- Daughter = Age 15
--- Son = Just turned 21
--- Family Friend = Recently turned 21

WHERE ARE WE STAYING AND WHY?
We changed up the way we did things for this trip. We usually don’t like to do split stays, but we wanted to be able to use TOWL on Dec 30 and we wanted to be able to walk to our room from Epcot on Dec 31. So, we booked a one bedroom at BLT for Dec. 30 and on Dec. 31 we moved to a one bedroom at BW. After that we moved to SSR into a two bedroom and were thankful that the moving around was OVER!

HOW ARE WE GOING TO HANDLE CROWDS AND PARK TIME?
My theory was that the further we got away from Dec 31st, the smaller the crowds would be. So, we didn’t do a lot of park time on Dec 30 and 31. Also, this is the time frame where we were changing resorts each day, so there was not as much time to be in the parks with our really push ourselves to pack up and move quickly. We slept in each day and went to the pool. Then we went into the parks later. For the most part, I’d say it worked out well. On Dec 30, we arrived at BLT and went to the pool and then to Jock Lindsey’s at Disney Springs for a few drinks. Then we went to TOWL for a little while for chocolate cake and more drinks. That night, we did a few hours at MK. We entered the park about 9 :30pm and left at 2 am. Disney does the same fireworks on Dec 30 and Dec 31 so that worked out great for us. The MK fireworks show was AMAZING!!! We saw it just as we got off SDMT. WOW! I would have loved to see it from the front of the castle, but waiting around for HOURS to get a spot and being in a sea of people just isn’t for me. I was happy with how it worked out. Then on Dec 31, we moved from BLT to BW. We went to Epcot about 2 pm to use our FPS and had dinner at the Biergarten in Germany. I planned it so that we were in the restaurant when it actually turned midnight in Germany. That was a great tip that I learned from this forum. The food was great and the atmosphere was fun and festive with singing and dancing. I would definitely do this again. After dinner, the 21 year old went off to explore. Our daughter met up with a friend who lives locally and my husband and I went to the wine cellar in Italy. We had to wait about 40 minutes for a bar table, but we didn’t mind. The crowds were ok. It was super crowded in some spots and not so bad in others. We watched the fireworks and then walked back to our villa at the BW. I though the fireworks were great, but not as amazing as the ones at MK the night before. TIP: If you need a bathroom on New Years Eve, try the one in America. It is big and clean and not as crowded as the ones by Germany.

More to follow….

Trip Report:
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134143

Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS22 DD16

Last edited by DisneyTravelers; 09-25-2019 at 11:09 AM. Reason: typo added trip report title
DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote