home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2020, 10:35 PM   #121
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
I agree. The sellers have not lowered their prices yet but they will
Yes, I expect prices to go lower in the short term. It depends on how fast the economy recovers. A couple of years, anyway.

I donít expect Disney to ROFR much now. That by itself will lower prices.

As a prospective seller, I will just hold the points for the duration. I will go on extra trips. Never a hardship.

I am hoping that Disney will need cash and will offer great direct deals on RR. We need more RR points to have enough for a whole reservation. I donít really like split stays and that will be the story at RR until we get more.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:37 AM   #122
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
I am hoping that Disney will need cash and will offer great direct deals on RR. We need more RR points to have enough for a whole reservation. I donít really like split stays and that will be the story at RR until we get more.

This current situation is unprecedented and I am really curious to see where DVC will land after all of this. Even during the events of the great recession we did not see a complete a sudden stop in everything. DVC will have to get sales going again eventually......can't wait to see the incentives.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:16 AM   #123
twingirls
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
This current situation is unprecedented and I am really curious to see where DVC will land after all of this. Even during the events of the great recession we did not see a complete a sudden stop in everything. DVC will have to get sales going again eventually......can't wait to see the incentives.
This because our resale point are all at BWV and that expires when we are in our early 60s so I kind of want 1 contract that we by direct on a resort that doesnít expire as soon and then we can keep getting our discounted APs.
twingirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #124
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Buying

I have been checking everyday and it seems like nothing is being sold but the price holding but I believe that will change soon
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:21 PM   #125
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
I have been checking everyday and it seems like nothing is being sold but the price holding but I believe that will change soon

Prices are not going to be budging much soon. There is a series of events that need to happen.

Buyers need to disappear.
Unsold resale contracts start to build up
Household incomes need to disappear, adding more resales to the pool.
Point Rentals flood the market, by desperate owners selling unused points.
2021 maintenance fees are coming due and household money is still bad. More contracts hit the market.
By the third wave of contracts hit the market because of maintenance fees, prices will start noticeably moving.

It will get ugly by end of the year, into next spring.