home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2022, 08:07 PM   #21
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
As I said I do not have a deck so my lagoon view is a waste. The person next to me has a deck and so does everyone I talk to in.the hot tub. As most of you know us DVC people like to chat in.the hot tub. Everyone staying at Big Pine Key has told me in.the future will only book at the original DVC building. The beverage cooler and walk in shower are two of the biggest reason!
Call MS and complain. They should not charge extra points for view if you cant even exit on that side.
It’s not a better location, higher floor. They are charging for the view which you cannot access.
They changed BLT and they put microwaves in, so it’s worth a voice.
Especially if you spent your hot tub time talking about it!! Maybe they should put Chapek and Josh in the Hot tub!! Its a hot tub of member feedback!
They could call it Welcome Tub Tuesdays! Lol

Last edited by DVCQUEEN; 08-12-2022 at 08:13 PM.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 08:30 PM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Call MS and complain. They should not charge extra points for view if you cant even exit on that side.
Itís not a better location, higher floor. They are charging for the view which you cannot access.
They changed BLT and they put microwaves in, so itís worth a voice.
Especially if you spent your hot tub time talking about it!! Maybe they should put Chapek and Josh in the Hot tub!! Its a hot tub of member feedback!
Not sure that can do much. It's written that there are some no balcony/patio rooms in descriptions. The view is for the window. Unless I missed a room or so, these no exterior door rooms are more spacious inside.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:36 PM   #23
Kerri jo
Grand Villa

Thanks for the great info on the room. We liked the decor and two-bed option when we took the tour, so I booked Lagoon View for a split-stay in November when we couldn't get our entire stay booked at the Polynesian. I am glad our WL came through at the Poly - we won't have to move, and I won't have to stress about getting assigned to a Lagoon View room without a balcony! I wonder if the non-balcony rooms will ever get reclassified to a different category.
2022 ~ BLT, AUL, PVB, Contemporary, BRV, SOG, PVB, AUL; 2021 ~ SSR, BCV, SSR, PVB, POP, SSR, BWV, RIV, BLT, PVB; 2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:15 AM   #24
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Itís not a better location, higher floor. They are charging for the view which you cannot access.
They changed BLT and they put microwaves in, so itís worth a voice.

Bob and Josh in the hot tub. I like it! Also, I like the name!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:23 AM   #25
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcqueen View Post
call ms and complain. They should not charge extra points for view if you cant even exit on that side.
They changed blt and they put microwaves in, so itís worth a voice.
Especially if you spent your hot tub time talking about it!! Maybe they should put chapek and josh in the hot tub!! Its a hot tub of member feedback!
They could call it welcome tub tuesdays! Lol
lolÖ

Hope
BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 10:01 PM   #26
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Update

Ran into someone on the same floor without a deck. They were pissed and never want to stay here. Met a couple more people in the hot tub and yes they don't like the beverage cooler and the one shower. As new Grand Floridian owners stay here I'm guessing they will be like me and others and vow to only stay at the original DVC. This will make it hard to book at the original but I'm guessing there will be availability at 7 months. This will make Grand Floridian points very valuable!
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:00 AM   #27
pooh bears mom
Add-on Aficionado

I would complain to a manager and anyone hire up for My points back and my room changed. As someone who sits on the deck and spends lot of time on the deck, no deck would ruin my trip. If enough people complain and demand points reimbursed they will probably look at making it a separate booking category - as it should be. The no balcony rooms should be classified as value rooms regardless of the view.
Edit to say I just sent email to dvc administration to give my two cents worth on the matter. I feel strongly that this needs to be a value booking category. I would not even book as a value room.

Last edited by pooh bears mom; 08-14-2022 at 09:21 AM.
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:18 AM   #28
pooh bears mom
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
Ran into someone on the same floor without a deck. They were pissed and never want to stay here. Met a couple more people in the hot tub and yes they don't like the beverage cooler and the one shower. As new Grand Floridian owners stay here I'm guessing they will be like me and others and vow to only stay at the original DVC. This will make it hard to book at the original but I'm guessing there will be availability at 7 months. This will make Grand Floridian points very valuable!
You need to nicely complain to hire ups. They can't charge same points for different rooms. Balcony square footage counts as extension of room. Needs to be a value category
Old 08-14-2022, 07:33 AM   #29
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I would complain to a manager and anyone hire up for My points back and my room changed. As someone who sits on the deck and spends lot of time on the deck, no deck would ruin my trip. If enough people complain and demand points reimbursed they will probably look at making it a separate booking category - as it should be. The no balcony rooms should be classified as value rooms view or no view.
Edit to say I just sent email to dvc administration to give my two cents worth on the matter. I feel strongly that this needs to be a value booking category. I would not even book as a value room.
I am totally with you! Thanks for sending the email. No balcony is a deal breaker.

Hope
BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 08:35 AM   #30
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Are the Resort studios without Balconies/patios all in the Lagoon view category or are they available in standard and theme as well?

I would lodge my dissatisfaction for sure. Cant hurt worse than receiving a villa with no balcony.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote