home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-10-2022, 06:06 PM   #11
DMKEDM
Two Bedroom

About the cooler instead of a 'frig: would leftovers keep (overnight? for a day?) if we added ice around the leftover container and then put it in the cooler? Thought that might be a way around an otherwise inconvenient (to say the least) feature...at least for us...I've never used a "cooler" rather than a 'frig so maybe this idea won't work, but thought someone here might know? Thanks...
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:33 PM   #12
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
About the cooler instead of a 'frig: would leftovers keep (overnight? for a day?) if we added ice around the leftover container and then put it in the cooler? Thought that might be a way around an otherwise inconvenient (to say the least) feature...at least for us...I've never used a "cooler" rather than a 'frig so maybe this idea won't work, but thought someone here might know? Thanks...
The issue is the size. Stack 2 16.9 water bottles thats the height. I think i laid my bottles on their side. It depends on size of your dish, but say a 3 portion styrofoam take out container would be a tight fit and take up 1 shelf. As far as temperature, it would keep cold enough. Not icy cold, but cold enough for overnight food temps. I wouldn’t leave leftovers longer than that.
A Yeti/Roto cooler would be best solution for extended stay but only if you drive.
If i stay again, i would place cooler under table and i liked having the bench at the end of the bed.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:58 PM   #13
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Grand Floridian

I took the shelf out so I can stand things up which is my 1/2 gallon milk, refillable cup and one bottle of pop. I hate it. Next June I am coming back for 7 nights in a deluxe studio at the original DVC.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:31 PM   #14
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Did the 1/2 gallon of milk stay "good"? Please let us know if it holds up for several days.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:56 PM   #15
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Did the 1/2 gallon of milk stay "good"? Please let us know if it holds up for several days.
Milk is still good. It does keep it cold but I had to take out the shelf do it will stay up.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:06 PM   #16
M1Thumb
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
New resort studios are in the same association as the villas in the original building. Points are all equal at 11 months, so yes, competition for rooms in the original building will increase.
Well that sucks.
M1Thumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 05:10 PM   #17
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Grand Floridian

I booked my next Grand Floridian for June 1 for 7 nights at exactly 11 months at 8 am and at the original DVC. As these new Grand Floridian point owners stay here I wonder how many will be like me and only want to stay at the original.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:01 PM   #18
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Update only stay

As I said I do not have a deck so my lagoon view is a waste. The person next to me has a deck and so does everyone I talk to in.the hot tub. As most of you know us DVC people like to chat in.the hot tub. Everyone staying at Big Pine Key has told me in.the future will only book at the original DVC building. The beverage cooler and walk in shower are two of the biggest reason!
Old 08-12-2022, 03:25 PM   #19
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
As I said I do not have a deck so my lagoon view is a waste. The person next to me has a deck and so does everyone I talk to in.the hot tub. As most of you know us DVC people like to chat in.the hot tub. Everyone staying at Big Pine Key has told me in.the future will only book at the original DVC building. The beverage cooler and walk in shower are two of the biggest reason!
I think it's 5 rooms without a balcony/patio. Really crappy for lagoon views IMO
Old 08-12-2022, 05:56 PM   #20
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Lagoon view

I did not know that. Yes it sucks. What a waste of points.