home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2022, 07:58 PM   #1
Raspus
Grand Villa

Default August birthday trip 2022

Well itís time for yet another trip to Disney World. This will be our fourth trip this year. The plans include Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon and the Hoop-de-Doo. Weíll be there for four nights staying in a one bedroom at OKW. Looking forward to the Food and Wine festival. Should be a fun trip with lots to eat.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:07 PM   #2
MinnieSueB
Grand Villa

Have a great birthday & trip!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 10:09 PM   #3
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Have fun. Canít get a Hoop reservation yet. Iím hoping our longer November stay will give us more luck.

Happy birthday!!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:04 AM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:02 AM   #5
ocean702
Two Bedroom

Hoop de doo was fun-we went during the first week it reopened in June. Was speaking to the gentleman who is the proprietor of the show (I think thatís what he referred to himself as). He said they were sold out for the next three months within the first half hour of opening reservations. In late June they had only opened the first floor as he said they were starting out slow. Not sure if they have already or when they plan to open the upstairs seating.

Enjoy the show!
ocean702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:33 AM   #6
Raspus
Grand Villa

Once again we had a morning flight so we were up very early again. We finished packing and left for the airport. It was not busy at all so we zipped through security and were soon waiting at our gate. We boarded on time and were soon on our way. We landed about 15 minutes early. We are doing carry only so very quickly we picked up our car from Alamo and were on our way to OKW. Of course our room was not ready yet so we picked up the wheelchair for my wife and went to Epcot.

Our first stop was at the Odyssey building for some wings. We tried the Garlic Parmesan wings which were good. I had a small blood orange IPA which was pretty good. We continued our walk and went to Norway. We went to the bakery and had the Lefse and the School Bread which were both delicious and filling. Being full and not needing more food we left Epcot and went back to OKW.

We were hoping our room would be ready but of course it wasnít. We went to the lobby to see about getting a room. We had reserved hospitality house but were willing to take any first floor room but there werenít any ready. So went to Gurgling Suitcase for something to drink. So we continued to wait and wait. We went to the gift store to buy me a hat. I need a hat and yet I never remember to bring one with me. We finally got our room around 4:30.

We went to our room for some rest and air conditioning. We had mobile ordered the Mickey Celebration cake and around 5:30 I went to Oliviaís food to go to pick it up. I also stopped in the store for a bottle of diet coke. The very nice CM asked what I was celebrating so I told her it was my birthday. So she gave me a birthday button which I have worn all week.

Back to the room to get ready for Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon. This was the first water park we have been to. We had a nice time. No vouchers were needed. They had grapes and apple slices, popcorn and ice cream and drink refill station. They also had food for sale. I did get a hot dog. We didnít go swimming but the lazy river looked like fun. We saw Goofy, Mickey, and Minnie dancing with the crowd at the DJ dance party. We also saw Lilo and Stitch. All in all we had a good time. We ended up leaving around 10. On our way out we were given plastic light up DVC bracelets. It was time to go back to our room. It was time for bed. It had been a long travel day.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:45 AM   #7
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Fun! Fun! Fun!

DH and I were going to go to TL on our next short stay and then we realized the last time we were there was for a party and we will bake in the heat at the end of the month. So thatís off the table. TL at night in the summer is FUN!!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:41 PM   #8
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We are going for my birthday trip in a month so will be taking notes. Happy Birthday!
Old 08-18-2022, 02:44 PM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Happy Birthday!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:57 PM   #10
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Happy happy birthday!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote