home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
Ransom
Grand Villa

Default Disney Offering Express Bus Service for $15/Person/Day

Are ya up for it? Apparently the service will pick guests up inside the parks, then use backstage areas to reach the destination faster than regular bus service. It's targeted at park hoppers rather than for going from park to resort.

The service can be added when purchasing Park Hopper tickets, or you can upgrade later at Guest Relations.

This new service starts December 7 and will operate from 10 AM to park close.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Like the boat service. I like this

I can leave the park without a long walk. And get to another park fast. I'm in. When I'm doing 3 parks in a day. It will save time. I would pay it no problem.
I think they might be trying to compete somewhat with uber. And please people....don't start saying we will.be paying for all the transportation in the future. This is a special bus with special abilities to get you in and out fast and more convenient.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17, AKL 18, 18. VGF 18, VAK 18. ASM 19

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
Ransom
Grand Villa

We don't really park hop any more, but we'd pay for this service if we did. We've used taxis to get to another park quicker in the past.

These days, we use taxis to get back to the resort about half the time. If Disney offered a faster service for that, I'd be happy to pay them instead.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
We don't really park hop any more, but we'd pay for this service if we did. We've used taxis to get to another park quicker in the past.

These days, we use taxis to get back to the resort about half the time. If Disney offered a faster service for that, I'd be happy to pay them instead.
Definitely try upber. It's cheap and just as gast.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:41 AM   #5
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

At first glance this looks really good. Then I did the math and realized that translates into an extra $210 for a week long stay for 2 people. Can we afford it? Yes, but won't bother because we are on vacation and need the exercise. But that's just us, I'm sure this will become a popular option for many.

Feels like they are just flailing about to see how much more $ they can squeeze out of us.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #6
zafiro
Grand Villa

No money squeezing or gouging - if you don't want to do it, you don't have to pay. Just like the dinner shows, firework boating experiences, spas, etc... it's just another available service.
It is another brilliant way to offer services to those people (millennials and others who expect "on demand" services). I think it's great: Mickey Uber.
The more that Disney comes up with ways to entice new people and align services with expectations and satisfaction, the better our properties hold value and relevance.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #7
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
No money squeezing or gouging - if you don't want to do it, you don't have to pay. Just like the dinner shows, firework boating experiences, spas, etc... it's just another available service.
It is another brilliant way to offer services to those people (millennials and others who expect "on demand" services). I think it's great: Mickey Uber.
The more that Disney comes up with ways to entice new people and align services with expectations and satisfaction, the better our properties hold value and relevance.

Whenever disney makes a service that has a charge. So many state gouging. I dont see it that way either. Just offering new service.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #8
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post

Whenever disney makes a service that has a charge. So many state gouging. I dont see it that way either. Just offering new service.
AMEN!!! Disney staying relevant, competitive and solvent!
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #9
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

I will always consider options that allow me to be more productive with my time in the parks. If you have to be frugal so be it, but I've already spent at least $1K to be there, and what is another couple of hundred it if helps me do more/relax more while I am there?

The parks aren't getting any less crowded, so this is one of the only options they can do. The most obvious alternative is to charge more for everything, which may reduce crowding, but this is a bit riskier.

And as others have said, many people out there are willing to pay a premium to get a certain level of service/amenity on their vacation. After all, there probably isn't a person on this board who wouldn't hire a VIP guide for every Disney trip if they could afford it.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #10
Quellman
Grand Villa

Hello. Is this Mickey the Mouse? I'm currently stuck on It's a Small World, will you come and get me? I'm ready for my ride to Animal Kingdom now.

Sir, that isn't how this works.
What do you mean? It says pick me up in a park on a bus.
Yes, but we can't drive through the park, we will meet you at the pick up location in Frontierland.
Did you not hear me? STUCK. ON. SMALL. WORLD.
We'll be there in 3 minutes.
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT 2018 DCL Dream, POFQ, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote