home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-22-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
VTdisney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default New to this forum and to renting points

Hi!
I have never rented points before but am hoping to be able to stay at AKL for a week in Feb 2021 and it was suggested to me that I look into renting points to make that affordable. I am researching all I can about the process and heard about this forum from a current member. Thank you for letting me join and I look forward to learning a lot more by reading through a ton of posts!
Tamsin - Disney lover from frigid Vermont

Last edited by VTdisney; 01-22-2020 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Typo
VTdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

Welcome to MO. You must have a very good friend that recommended this site.

I am guessing you know how important it is to start your search slightly before the 11 month window to find the owner that can rent at your preferred location.
Have you posted on the MouseOwner Rent Trade/ Transfer already? You will find it above in the right corner.
I like to recommend the sponsor: David’s Vacation Rentals / link in ads.
Only because it will familiarize yourself with the process and choices needed .

And be sure to read the GUIDELINES for posting on Mouseowners and be aware it might take a few days to actually show up because everything must be verified by administrators. (Not an easy volunteer job)

Good luck
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Welcome to the list . There are lots of recent threads on renting . Read them all .

The rental board is at the top right hand corner .

But feel free to post on any forum you want . There is a lot of goon information here.

Sherry
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
PAdisneylover1971

Default Renting is the best

Hi,
Iíve rented points every year for last four years, once through a friend and three times through Davidís Vacation Club rentals. All went smoothly without a hitch. I feel after reading here for almost a year now that DVC ownership for my family is not something I would sign on for....Disney is so awesome but so expensive as well. The huge financial commitment combined with lack of availability and needing to plan so much so far in advance takes some fun out of it. Learning ďtricksĒ to land a room where and when you want defeats the purpose of ownership.
So, I rent, Iíll pay extra and go when I want for as many times as I want. No obligation to vacation at Disney for the next 50 years. Anyways, do your homework and find an established person who has solid feedback to rent points from, this gives you some peace of mind. Enjoy Disney, itís the best!!
PAdisneylover1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:26 AM   #5
VTdisney

Thank you all! I can already see that these forums are a goldmine of info!
VTdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Renting is a good option for those who could never afford to buy.

But beware dvc is addictive . Many happy dvc owners here started as renters . 😅
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #7
PAdisneylover1971

Default Rent is great

The previous reply is crazy snooty. Renting is the best option if you can afford the DVC membership because then you can afford a vacation anywhere you want to go, long after your one millionth trip to Disney you are not locked into anything.
PAdisneylover1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:54 PM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTdisney View Post
Hi!
I have never rented points before but am hoping to be able to stay at AKL for a week in Feb 2021 and it was suggested to me that I look into renting points to make that affordable. I am researching all I can about the process and heard about this forum from a current member. Thank you for letting me join and I look forward to learning a lot more by reading through a ton of posts!
Tamsin - Disney lover from frigid Vermont

Welcome aboard, and best of luck with your rental.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:53 AM   #9
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdisneylover1971 View Post
The previous reply is crazy snooty. Renting is the best option if you can afford the DVC membership because then you can afford a vacation anywhere you want to go, long after your one millionth trip to Disney you are not locked into anything.
You're new here so you don't know the personalities of many of the common posters. Sherry by far is one of the nicest persons here, and in no way is "crazy snooty." That's the bad thing sometimes about social media, is sentences can be read in different ways.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:23 AM   #10
MMC1
Grand Villa

We might be crazy but not any snoot around here!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote