home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-08-2020, 10:40 PM   #31
RedVines
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I'm not sure "mistake" is the right word. He didn't have a permit and was charged according to the aritcle. If he had a permit, I think it would have been fine as long as he wasn't caught carrying outside of his vehicle.
You're right. It was a conscious decision to carry without a CCW and commit a crime. I was reading a couple other articles on CCWers at WDW when i wrote that and i think i got my facts mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
My concerns about the future of society are only in context of safety and peace for my grandchildren and probably Disney since that is all that is left that I truly love and will miss when I leave this earth.
Couldn't agree more.
RedVines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:28 PM   #32
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
Last year my Boss and I were traveling and he had forgotten a tiny multi tool that included a knife blade in his backpack. TSA ran it through the xray machine twice, and searched all through that bag for 15 minutes, but couldn't find the knife. They finally let him take the bag, and he found it at the hotel.
That's funny.
I travelled for years with a Leatherman in my carry-on backpack. I thought that I'd lost it. Turns out that it was at the bottom of a side pocket that wrapped around the bottom of the bag. 30+ trips through the TSA machine without them finding it.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:33 AM   #33
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
That's funny.
I travelled for years with a Leatherman in my carry-on backpack. I thought that I'd lost it. Turns out that it was at the bottom of a side pocket that wrapped around the bottom of the bag. 30+ trips through the TSA machine without them finding it.

Have you ever read the track record of TSA security testing for threats? The results are frightening and scary.

Forget about a pair of nail clippers and you getting a personal massage by a man wearing rubber gloves.......Pack a fake explosive to test TSA screening and 9 out of 10 times it goes undetected.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #34
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Have you ever read the track record of TSA security testing for threats? The results are frightening and scary.

Forget about a pair of nail clippers and you getting a personal massage by a man wearing rubber gloves.......Pack a fake explosive to test TSA screening and 9 out of 10 times it goes undetected.
That's why I call them security theater.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:58 AM   #35
ssdownthehatch
Grand Villa

Quote:

I'm not worried about them not finding fake explosives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-2018-n968826
Old 01-10-2020, 10:03 AM   #36
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Pack a fake explosive to test TSA screening and 9 out of 10 times it goes undetected.
But that 10th time is not going to be pleasant...

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:29 AM   #37
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdownthehatch View Post
I'm not worried about them not finding fake explosives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-2018-n968826
I don't care how many guns they find.....I care about how many terrorist threats are thwarted.

None of those incidents were reported as terrorist operations. They were all "mistakes" of the gun owners forgetting to leave the gun at home or to check the gun properly.

Guns don't kill people.....terrorists with guns kill people. Or in the case of 911, terrorists with box cutters kill people. Or in the case of Boeing, poor software design/implementation kills people.

Also of note.....I think the last armed shooting on an american airline was in 1987. That incident was a disgruntled (recently fired) employee that shoot in killed the pilots, crashing the plane killing all 43 onboard.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:32 AM   #38
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
But that 10th time is not going to be pleasant...

Nope....

From personal experience, I have had my junk checked 4-5 times by TSA. Why.......no reason. Once it was because Sarah had packed too many bottles for Aiden when he was around one. TSA stated that one of us in the group had to submit to a full pat down......I took one for the team.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #39
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Nope....

From personal experience, I have had my junk checked 4-5 times by TSA. Why.......no reason. Once it was because Sarah had packed too many bottles for Aiden when he was around one. TSA stated that one of us in the group had to submit to a full pat down......I took one for the team.
The last time I was pulled for a random pat down I pulled a When Harry Met Sally routine and moaned. The TSA agent was not amused....

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #40
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Nope....

I prefer, family jewels, as opposed to junk.

The arrested individual was apparently an idiot. If he did indeed not have a CPL, and yet carried one anyway.
This thread is reminiscent of a few years back when someones weapon slipped out of his back pocket while riding Expedition Everest, and the next person attempting to take his recently vacated seat found it. That person, who I believe was licensed, was negligent.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote