home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 08:50 PM   #111
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzie View Post
Well we bought a small add-on yesterday! We have been studying it since the conception and when we finally did the tour we were sold.

I got in by the date, got 2019 points, developer point credit and a very generous CM credit. So it was a easy sell for us that was looking to increase our allotment.

What we love most is that it is a dedicated DVC resort. We enjoy our other home, SSR (bought 2005) for this same reason. We also enjoyed immensely the feel of the resort. Also parking is very convenient--this is something we judge all resorts by as we always drive.

We also had a fantastic meal at Topolino. We are happy clams tonight.

Congrats!!!!

We were so torn on if we should buy or not buy Riviera Resort. In the end, we choose not to buy. We have a bunch of points (1700+) and feel that we can get in at the 7 month window. If that doesn't work for us, I will buy a resale in a few years
Old 01-15-2020, 09:10 PM   #112
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Well we bought a small add-on yesterday! We have been studying it since the conception and when we finally did the tour we were sold.

I got in by the date, got 2019 points, developer point credit and a very generous CM credit. So it was a easy sell for us that was looking to increase our allotment.

What we love most is that it is a dedicated DVC resort. We enjoy our other home, SSR (bought 2005) for this same reason. We also enjoyed immensely the feel of the resort. Also parking is very convenient--this is something we judge all resorts by as we always drive.

Congrats!!! It really is a beautiful resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Congrats!!!!

We were so torn on if we should buy or not buy Riviera Resort. In the end, we choose not to buy. We have a bunch of points (1700+) and feel that we can get in at the 7 month window. If that doesn't work for us, I will buy a resale in a few years
I hear you. After we sold BWV and bought RIV, we think we have the right amount of points to go when we want and rent out any excess. We are right around 1000 points now, and those MF bills are a beast! I set aside money for them every month, but it still stings.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:48 PM   #113
Rozzie
Grand Villa

Quote:
Congrats!!!!

Wowser! I can't even imagine LOL. We only have 125 points. (We had decreased a few years ago from 325) Now it seems even though we live here we miss our resort time.

Mainly we wanted studios--and I think they will be very competitive. I am sure you won't have too much of a problem at all in the larger accommodations. Seems they are full of 2BRs, not so much studios.

I do have our first reservation in a Tower Studio. We were laughing when we toured it in that it is a very authentic European hotel feel. (as in hold your breath and turn sideways, I need to get by for my coffee...)

I will try to write up a detailed Tower Studio review. I haven't seen too many of them yet from normal folk who are not media.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:53 PM   #114
Rozzie
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Congrats!!! It really is a beautiful resort!

We are very excited! I had a latte today sitting out on the water watching the Skyliners go by. I had to force myself to get up and drive home.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:23 PM   #115
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Wowser!Mainly we wanted studios--and I think they will be very competitive. I am sure you won't have too much of a problem at all in the larger accommodations. Seems they are full of 2BRs, not so much studios.

I absolutely agree that home ownership will be needed for booking at Riviera Resort. Tower Studios will be gone exactly at 11 months once the resort sells out.

I like that you can get fresh made coffee in the QS, the lobby, and at Topolino's.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:30 PM   #116
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:56 AM   #117
CathyS
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Its even worse when you factor in the point inflation for a room per night at the new resorts.

I was looking at a Grand Villa over Christmas week.....
OKW - 569
SSR - 764/843
BWV - 896
BLT - 999/1206
VGF - 1330
CCV - 1200
DRR - 1182
Quote:
You will need to own 394 points, bank and borrow to book that week.

That works out to $74,072 for a 394 pt contract at $188 pp.

That means for the life of ownership, that equals 16 grand villa stays. The MF for 50 years of points (no inflation accounted for) at $8.31pp equals $163,707.

Your 16 grand villa stays works out to $14,861 per stay, for a week.

Those numbers are sobering! Itís occurred to me that if we need a grand villa, there might be some resale Saratoga points in our future....

We priced out staying Christmas week in a premium 2-bed view. Our cost for that is about 50% of the cash rates. Iím very happy with the 1-bedroom rates in comparison
CathyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #118
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Would you mind saying how many points and what determined your number?
Old 01-16-2020, 09:08 AM   #119
Rozzie
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Would you mind saying how many points and what determined your number?
Sure, we finally agreed on 125. It would enough for 1 week in a SV Studio during January. (our go to travel time with DH bday and marathon weekend) Plus a few "padded" points for chart adjustments. .

I am fully confident that the new "low" seasons at DRR will be very competitive for SV studios at even the 11 month mark. Just glancing at availability for SV Studios during the 11 month window now is eye popping.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #120
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:

I am fully confident that the new "low" seasons at DRR will be very competitive for SV studios at even the 11 month mark. Just glancing at availability for SV Studios during the 11 month window now is eye popping.

I agree.....very competitive!