home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #21
bakerworld
Grand Villa

We're suppose to get together so they can tell us about their experiences.
He was driving my husband nuts with the phone calls - we never heard from him so much on vacation but I think that was so when he's telling us his vacation adventures we'll be over the and moved onto

The week at BL is an expensive ride to the NY Manhattan Port but this also means that if he isn't waiting for us when we disembark I can be irritated. DH agrees if we do this again it will be without the card and he can pay for the room, which he probably knows so hopefully this is a 'one and done' situation.

I will admit I gave him my TIW card because it expires May 2017 so its just going to waste. Bet he never tried to use it because it says Janet instead of Dan.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #22
jlass
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default everyone who knows me

knows not to even ask.you were over the moon nice by using your points to get the room.my outlook on this is if you want to stay or use DVC pull out your wallet like i did.
jlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #23
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
My BF is planning her DGS's first trip, and she wants to use my perks. Her solution? She's taking me along!
awesome, she gets perks and a personal guide and you get more fun.
ajc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #24
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Sorry to hear that.

We have (between us) 5 brothers and their various families. None of them would ever do anything like this. Just not the type.

We have more distant relatives who we don't know as well, who might. They will never be going to WDW with us.

Cheers.
PROTECT THE SANCTITY OF THE BUBBLE AT ALL COST!
IT'S OUR REFUGE FROM THE WORLD!!

(Of course, freeloaders usually expose their intentions and ferret themselves out).
I have 2 sisters one who stays and visits with us at WDW (aka the cool aunt) and the other who thinks we are boring to go to WDW 3 times a year and she went once in 1979 (MK only then).
We never invite her because she is critical of everything and I don't need that on MY vacation.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #25
ajc
Grand Villa

wait; I read this thread fast;
did the BIL rent your points or did you gift the points?
Old 12-14-2017, 10:05 PM   #26
dandandat
Studio

I never understand when people have problems with their own family members ... I guess I'm lucky my family aren't @ hats.
dandandat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:47 PM   #27
krisephillips
One Bedroom

We had a recent bad experience with my SIL. We took her along with us for an October trip. Her first time EVER to Disney, our first for MNSSHP. Thought it would be great to combine the two. We used our points to get a studio just for her adjacent to us at Poly, paid for all her dining (hollywood and vine, BOG, Via Napoli)/air fare/ 4 day park hopper and MNSSHP ticket. I imagined it was going to be awesome watching her enjoy Disney for the first time.

The morning after MNSSHP (amazing fireworks show by the way!) and our 3rd day of a 5 day trip, she looks at me and asks: "Is this ALL we are going to do? Go to parks, see characters, eat and see shows?"

She asks this after 5 months of planning the trip with us before hand of course.....

"What do you WANT to do then?" I asked. "I just thought we would go to the park one day and we could go to the outlet malls and that Disney Springs place to shop the rest of the time!"

NEVER AGAIN!

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #28
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisephillips View Post
We had a recent bad experience with my SIL. We took her along with us for an October trip. Her first time EVER to Disney, our first for MNSSHP. Thought it would be great to combine the two. We used our points to get a studio just for her adjacent to us at Poly, paid for all her dining (hollywood and vine, BOG, Via Napoli)/air fare/ 4 day park hopper and MNSSHP ticket. I imagined it was going to be awesome watching her enjoy Disney for the first time.

The morning after MNSSHP (amazing fireworks show by the way!) and our 3rd day of a 5 day trip, she looks at me and asks: "Is this ALL we are going to do? Go to parks, see characters, eat and see shows?"

She asks this after 5 months of planning the trip with us before hand of course.....

"What do you WANT to do then?" I asked. "I just thought we would go to the park one day and we could go to the outlet malls and that Disney Springs place to shop the rest of the time!"

NEVER AGAIN!
I know I'm probably crazy and so is DW and the kids, but I think it's sad for those that don't have magic in their hearts. But then I think...more for us!
Old 12-15-2017, 07:38 AM   #29
richviii
Two Bedroom

Hearing all these stories reminds me of a recent conversation we had on our last trip. Neither of us would want to travel with any of our "in-laws" let alone gift them points to stay with or near us. Call me the curmudgeon but I could hear the complaints now, "you are going to the park, when?" "we are going to that park again?" My BIL and his family are finally going in January and while they know we go often, seem to refuse to ask for help or advice. His wife says, we will just wing it and wander around (with their 4yo autistic son and 7 year old daughter). I have tried to talk about DACs and other things and they just refuse. I feel bad for folks in early January as they will be the family complaining to CMs that they spent this much money and blah blah blah. Rant over.

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #30
IslaTurbine
One Bedroom

IslaTurbine is offline   Reply With Quote