home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 11:15 PM   #161
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
I was looking for Nov 30 week and couldn't find anything..Would love to see NPH again. The one and only time I cried through the whole thing - had just gotten a call that my dog had gone into heart failure and I just wanted to be home.
Oh, that sounds like an awful evening. We've done a Candlelight package for the past several years. I'm thinking it's not going to happen this year. We got to see Neil one time. Everyone we've seen has done a good job.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:38 AM   #162
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Yep, unfortunately agreed that I doubt itíll happen this year, Jerry. Holding on to fading last hopes.

Such a terrible memory to have, Patty. You deserve one thatís way way better!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:41 AM   #163
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Happy Tuesday!
kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:15 AM   #164
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Thank you all for the kind words and support. The test results came back with no surprises (diagnosis of Crohnís and negative biopsy results). I have a CT scheduled for mid-July and med timing is being changed up a bit. Apparently one med Iím on is supposed to be taken in the evening to be effective....no one told me that and I had been taking it in the morning. Details, details..... If timing IS the issue, Iíve been taking those wrong for 2 years!

I missed out on the Magic Bar/7-layer bar/3 month bar conversation. Ummm....any left? Iím in. DD and I those!

We also have an October trip planned and will miss you, Jerry. October 4-8 for Adam and I, providing we feel comfortable going. We made the reservations in an attempt to attend Moonlight Magic at HS, which we are supposed to make reservations for in about 2 weeks. Weíll see if that happens...

Dave - those cars must sell for WAY cheaper than any local ads or dealers. Whatís the typical savings? And how does one go about looking for a used car from rent to own?

Jerry - weíll keep hope alive for your son and a job. But everything happens for a reason...so something better must be around the corner. SO glad youíre back to walking again and the foot is feeling better, even though itís not 100%

ME DH DS22 DD19

Last edited by disneymomof2; 06-30-2020 at 08:32 AM.
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #165
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

On another note, I’ve been seeing small 3-5 car line ups for COVID testing outside of the urgent care at the medical facility I work at. This is new for our area....I’ve not noticed these line ups at all prior to the last 2 weeks. Now, this could be those having a test prior to a scheduled surgery or procedure, or it could be an uptick in symptomatic people being tested. Not sure which....hoping for the former over the latter.

ME DH DS22 DD19

Last edited by disneymomof2; 06-30-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:45 AM   #166
beansprout
Grand Villa

Seems like Michigan is having another surge in this crappy virus. Now that the tourist season is here Maine is next. One question I have (and Iím sure itís been asked and answered but I missed it) when a plane lands at an airport are the passengers temperatures taken, names listed as to where they will be traveling to in the state...? Is it so easy to get on a plane and visit a state with no questions asked?

12 days to park opening ( we think )

Phil and I play cards every night. Mostly Kings Crown. I have been on a winning streak for sometime now and wondered if Phil would just quit playing, but heís a good sport. Last night he won. By 1 point. You would have thought he won the lottery! He messaged our granddaughter to share the big news ( thereís always tonight! )

Phil is heading to the store alone this morning. Heís replacing floor tiles and doesnít need assistance. Rare event to crank up my music and putter here at home!

Happy Tuesday
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #167
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Seems like Michigan is having another surge in this crappy virus. Now that the tourist season is here Maine is next. One question I have (and Iím sure itís been asked and answered but I missed it) when a plane lands at an airport are the passengers temperatures taken, names listed as to where they will be traveling to in the state...? Is it so easy to get on a plane and visit a state with no questions asked?

12 days to park opening ( we think )

Phil and I play cards every night. Mostly Kings Crown. I have been on a winning streak for sometime now and wondered if Phil would just quit playing, but heís a good sport. Last night he won. By 1 point. You would have thought he won the lottery! He messaged our granddaughter to share the big news ( thereís always tonight! )

Phil is heading to the store alone this morning. Heís replacing floor tiles and doesnít need assistance. Rare event to crank up my music and putter here at home!

Happy Tuesday
Strange...the news keeps highlighting Michigan as having another surge, but our numbers arenít changing radically. Our county has only hit 22 cases and has been at 21/22 for over 2 months. I wonder if the city of Detroit or surrounding counties are spiking again? Overall I havenít seen a big change in numbers for the state though...and it keeps being reported otherwise.

Congrats to Phil! Adam would be the same way...good sport.

I totally do that when I have time home alone! Crank up the music and see if I still have moves!

ME DH DS22 DD19
Old 06-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #168
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post

I totally do that when I have time home alone! Crank up the music and see if I still have moves!
Guess I would have to had ď the moves ď to begin with to see if I still have them!
National news did mention the Detroit area. When you said they were lining up for testing I wondered if it was bad there too, glad itís not!

I miss Disney ( and our old lives )
Old 06-30-2020, 08:58 PM   #169
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
I miss Disney ( and our old lives )

Agreed completely.

Iíd say congratulations to Phil on his victory, but sounds like heís had enough cockiness already, haha.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:40 PM   #170
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Agreed completely.

Iíd say congratulations to Phil on his victory, but sounds like heís had enough cockiness already, haha.
And he beat me again, by four points tonight! Could be my winning streak is over.