home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 03:53 PM   #151
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Presumably you can go. I don' think MI is playing around with quarantines. I hope you have a great time!

I'm really pondering about 4 nights in Mackinac and 4 nights in Chicago (assuming it's a close enough drive somehow).

Dirk
Mackinac and Traverse City are our back-up plan for August (really more of a main plan at this point). Given the number of people mentioning it, however, I'm growing concerned that half the country is headed for northern MI as a vacation back-up plan!
Old 06-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #152
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
If we go anywhere, we decided to look at the Maryland Eastern Shore - I had forgotten about St. Michael's and there town that are cool to walk around, so that could work for us.

The NJ governor hit pause today on allowing indoor dining, so that's bumming me out. I get it, but it's still a bummer. Indoor retail can still happen. It's indoors, sedentary, without a mask (such as dining), that he's delaying.

So far, our numbers our good. His intent is to keep it that way. But it's still a bummer!

Dirk
Ugh, didn't know about the indoor dining pause. DH and I were actually discussing we wished the Governor slowed down the re-openings a bit, at least until after the July 4th holiday. We don't want NJ to go backwards. Seems we got our wish. Stinks, but it's really the only way to keep the numbers down. And clearly some NJ bars can't seem to follow the rules. Though I'd rather see the bars closed and the restaurants opened. Would love to have a nice dinner and drinks and not worry about the skies opening up (like they did here Saturday - right - at - dinner - time )

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:54 PM   #153
pdude81
Grand Villa

It's all a bummer. I may end up with some furlough weeks next month where I might as well go to Florida and quarantine upon return, but their numbers are so crazy that the risk isn't worth it. I need to get more familiar with the gating criteria.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:49 PM   #154
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Mackinac and Traverse City are our back-up plan for August (really more of a main plan at this point). Given the number of people mentioning it, however, I'm growing concerned that half the country is headed for northern MI as a vacation back-up plan!
Weíre here on Mackinac Island now. Weíve never been. Honestly, we may be some of the only people here that arenít from Michigan or Illinois. People in TX who arenít from Michigan originally looked at us like we are crazy when we told them we were coming here. Most have never heard of Mackinac Island.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #155
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
If we go anywhere, we decided to look at the Maryland Eastern Shore - I had forgotten about St. Michael's and there town that are cool to walk around, so that could work for us.

The NJ governor hit pause today on allowing indoor dining, so that's bumming me out. I get it, but it's still a bummer. Indoor retail can still happen. It's indoors, sedentary, without a mask (such as dining), that he's delaying.

So far, our numbers our good. His intent is to keep it that way. But it's still a bummer!

Dirk

Yep. The shittiness continues.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:33 PM   #156
chrisvee
One Bedroom

Pittsburgh PA just had to pause indoor alcohol sales. Iím worried about PA.

Iím trying my first professional haircut and color in 3 1/2 months this weekend. A bit nervous.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:37 PM   #157
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
We’re here on Mackinac Island now. We’ve never been. Honestly, we may be some of the only people here that aren’t from Michigan or Illinois. People in TX who aren’t from Michigan originally looked at us like we are crazy when we told them we were coming here. Most have never heard of Mackinac Island.
Especially if you pronounce it correctly!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:11 PM   #158
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Especially if you pronounce it correctly!
The Island or the City?

It's pretty up there but quite cool temp wise for me
Old 06-30-2020, 08:04 AM   #159
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvee View Post
Pittsburgh PA just had to pause indoor alcohol sales. Iím worried about PA.

Iím trying my first professional haircut and color in 3 1/2 months this weekend. A bit nervous.
I have an eye appointment today. Itís weird how these normal things are now BIG things. Make sure they have good COVID policies and are following guidelines! Numbers have been good in SE PA, so I think itís more about caution and less about fearing wading into a COVID swamp.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:47 PM   #160
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
It's all a bummer. I may end up with some furlough weeks next month where I might as well go to Florida and quarantine upon return, but their numbers are so crazy that the risk isn't worth it. I need to get more familiar with the gating criteria.
I just got back from my furcation a couple weeks ago in Orlando.

Not sure I would risk Orlando now. When I was there, outside the bubble (Universal/Disney Springs), people paid no attention to space, masks or anything else.

Now, that said, Austin is now #1 growth in Texas. In my area, people pay close attention to space, masks, etc. and our numbers while not quite as high are progressing in the wrong direction too.

edit: looks like Austin (Travis county) is now way down compared to Houston. Might have been a fluke day when I last looked.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is online now   Reply With Quote