home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-09-2020, 08:24 AM   #31
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I called last night. 83 calls got a busy signal and then lucky 84 went through. Was on hold about 12 mins. The call lasted 45 mins. She was great and unborrowed all...both UY. She said they might have missed mine since it should have been done in 14 days. One odd thing is she kept saying multiple times...'due to COVID we will make an acception and unborrow these but you need to be careful in the future with borrowing as once its done we won't give this acception again'. Or something similar. As if I had any choice in cancelling. If HHI were open I would be checking in tomorrow. And happily have used those borrowed points. Instead of paying for the rental we are currently in to extend the week at an additional $710 cost. Anyway...its done. Seems we will only lose 2 points set to expire on July 31. Not sure where my 44 transferred Aug UY and banked points went. They somehow show up in my total online. Maybe they un transferred them at some point.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Jan 2-10, 2021 BWV

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:06 AM   #32
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Call MS - it's painful but was able to push my borrowed 2018 points into our November vacation and now I'm waiting for our borrowed 2020 points to be returned to 2020. If not un-borrowed by early July, I'll be joining in the phone queue again
When I saw the cancellation I used chat and the CM specifically spelled out all the actions that would be taken since I had the current UY points, some 2018 banked and some 2020 borrowed. I was surprised to see that the "un-borrowing" happened instantly based on what others are reporting. I think I will wait until the end of the week and check in on those 2019 points. This is frustrating to me since I normally wouldn't travel there in June, but in Feb there were additional points opened up at RR and I jumped on it to cobble together a stay there. My original plan was just to bank those points to 2020 anyway.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #33
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Has anyone been able to unborrow points in the last week? I have an August reservation I may cancel if the 55 points I borrowed from 2021 can be returned to 2021. And, if so, can I cancel online and the transfer is automatic, or will I have to call MS to make it happen? I'm guessing the latter, but hoping I can stay off the phone.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:32 AM   #34
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
When I saw the cancellation I used chat and the CM specifically spelled out all the actions that would be taken since I had the current UY points, some 2018 banked and some 2020 borrowed. I was surprised to see that the "un-borrowing" happened instantly based on what others are reporting. I think I will wait until the end of the week and check in on those 2019 points. This is frustrating to me since I normally wouldn't travel there in June, but in Feb there were additional points opened up at RR and I jumped on it to cobble together a stay there. My original plan was just to bank those points to 2020 anyway.
What happened with the 2018 banked points? Our November stay is with 2018 banked points and I was assuming that if we cancelled we lose them.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:41 AM   #35
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabutterman View Post
Has anyone been able to unborrow points in the last week? I have an August reservation I may cancel if the 55 points I borrowed from 2021 can be returned to 2021. And, if so, can I cancel online and the transfer is automatic, or will I have to call MS to make it happen? I'm guessing the latter, but hoping I can stay off the phone.
It is not automatic and takes 2 weeks (and you still may need to call in to get it done). I think the unborrowing is for trips that were during closure. If resorts are open and you cancel then I don't think they unborrow. Or that's not what is supposed to happen but they might still do it for you and just say it's a one time exception.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Jan 2-10, 2021 BWV

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #36
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
What happened with the 2018 banked points? Our November stay is with 2018 banked points and I was assuming that if we cancelled we lose them.
Our October reservation also uses 108 banked 2018 points (December use year). I thought if I cancelled our trip I would lose those points. Would also love to know what happened to those points.
Thanks.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #37
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
It is not automatic and takes 2 weeks (and you still may need to call in to get it done). I think the unborrowing is for trips that were during closure. If resorts are open and you cancel then I don't think they unborrow. Or that's not what is supposed to happen but they might still do it for you and just say it's a one time exception.
Thanks. I may give it a try.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #38
OLDDISNUT
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabutterman View Post
Thanks. I may give it a try.
I called yesterday to cancel a October reservation. I did not remember that I borrowed 10 points(Aug use year) as part of this reservation from 2021. She said that at this time they are letting people that cancel have the points borrowed from 2021 put back into 2021. She submitted the form to do that for me and said it would take a few weeks before the points show up back into 2021. She also said it is wise to cancel my reservation now because she is not sure how long this offer will last. We will see if that does happen to the 2021 points? All the points I used from 2020 for this reservation were back into 2020 immediately and could be banked when I can.
OLDDISNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:42 PM   #39
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDDISNUT View Post
I called yesterday to cancel a October reservation. I did not remember that I borrowed 10 points(Aug use year) as part of this reservation from 2021. She said that at this time they are letting people that cancel have the points borrowed from 2021 put back into 2021. She submitted the form to do that for me and said it would take a few weeks before the points show up back into 2021. She also said it is wise to cancel my reservation now because she is not sure how long this offer will last. We will see if that does happen to the 2021 points? All the points I used from 2020 for this reservation were back into 2020 immediately and could be banked when I can.
Sounds promising. So glad it worked for you. I guess I'll be calling tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:39 PM   #40
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Called today, and vacation is cancelled with 2021 points going back to 2021 after a 30 minute wait--not too bad if you work on a puzzle while you wait. I hated to do it but with DD starting college the week after I was worried she wouldn't be able to get in her dorm if she had been to Florida. Airfare, garden grocer and park reservations cancelled too. Now onto the AP cancelations and refund. The VIP AP line has been busy all morning.