home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
Jay324
Grand Villa

Default Just Another MO Who Is A Glutton for Punishment

Sometimes I really wonder if it is all worth it. It's tough enough trying to decide whether to book our next annual trip in our current environment but with the way things are with Disney.....I am at the breaking point.

We booked a trip of 17 for next February. I have 9, my buddy is DVC has 4 and another friend with a family of 4 planned on booking around this time non DVC for he wouldn't take my points. We started booking just after my family got through COVID sickness in March...we all think we got it from our February trip to WDW this past year. Things closed, current annual passes are unusable, 2020 has been a bust, but through it all, we all still would like to go. We have been out and about the past three weeks and are no longer on lock down but we were in isolation for quite a while and a Disney trip sounds perfect about now. Even looking forward to a Disney trip seems like such a great thing. We have HHI booked for August at the Marriott Grand Ocean and we are on the fence with that trip now that South Carolina is a mess and antibodies only lasting two to three months (so my Doctor says) won't help us. Click a button, book a trip and be on my way is what I really needed today but why Disney....why do you make things so impossible.

Booking opened up last week and I have 7 tickets on hold (two short). Well I read about booking the parks and was able to reserve every day of my trip for 6 of us. I get it...two don't have tickets but the other one that does, somehow was duplicated in MDE account. One of her names had a park ticket the other same name had a park reservation. Well tried to straighten it out on the phone and no luck for several hours. I gave up that day thinking I will go another round with Disney in the near future when I can purchase the two more tickets.

Today I was able to purchase tickets at 9:00 and was on a mission to straighten everything out. Well I called DVC...two hours on hold and got someone who was no help at all. He did transfer me to Disney IT and after another hour, they said that everything was OK with everyone. Somehow today the remaining two people on our trip also had duplicate names in my account on MDE. Well, they said they deleted the names, correctly linked the tickets and resort reservations and I would be fine reserving the remaining park days for the three of them. I hung up.....without checking and sure enough two of the three were fixed but one person remained duplicate and I was unable to reserve.

My mission continued at 1:00 this afternoon and this time I was on hold with MS for only an hour. Thankfully he kept me on hold while he spoke with Disney IT to correct the problem. After another 50 minutes the final person under my account is fixed and I was able to book all the park days for everyone in my party.

Simultaneously my DVC friends who also have a reservation were trying all day to re-new their annual passes that expire in November so they can book. They have been pissed off that they couldn't book their dates for they could not get tickets or extend their passes. According to them, it only took 3.5 hours to finalize their plans unlike the 8 hours it took me.

And good luck to the other family that is trying to book a Disney vacation to join us. Haven't been able to speak to them yet but that is going to be another nightmare.

So my resort reservation and park reservations are complete for next February and I spent 8 hours on a trip that if things don't get better might be cancelled anyway. I used all park hopper tickets and may save those and purchase 7 day base tickets for 5 as to not waste the park hoppers (it looks like park hopping will not be allowed). We are going to get new AP's for us if we go and I would love to get a credit for the missing days from my last years pass which now runs out in November. Don't know how to do that yet but I am sure it will be another 3-4 hours trying to get that figured out as well. I think I will start that battle next Sunday morning.

Always nice to see that there are fellow MO's who are as nutty as I am when it comes to all things Disney. And while I haven't been here as much as I would love to be....this is and always will be the best message board ever....I will try for my own piece of mind to get here more for sometimes I need a good vent on Mouseowners.

Last edited by Jay324; 06-28-2020 at 11:28 PM.
Jay324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Oof. That is certainly a rough tale. So many of us have given up whole days just to reserve a park day for an upcoming trip, mostly because the Disney tech wasn’t working right. I hope Disney recognizes just how die-hard we are.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:28 PM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Ugh, that sounds like a real pain! I do hope you have a blast when you do go!
Old 06-28-2020, 07:57 PM   #4
zafiro
Grand Villa

Yep! It's misery right now. Things can only get better...eventually (I'm guessing Fall of 2021).
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #5
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

If you want a refund on your old APs I wouldn’t wait too long to ask for a refund. I was told I had to call before the parks opened again.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:44 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Holy shit. Glad at least your efforts proved successful (hopefully) in the end.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:29 PM   #7
Jay324
Grand Villa

Thanks for the support. Just wanted a Disney hug after being on hold for that long.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:33 PM   #8
Jay324
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Holy shit. Glad at least your efforts proved successful (hopefully) in the end.
Bro, I missed you in February at BWV. Had a couple of drinks with FMER55 on my last day and I was looking for you after he said you were also staying at BWV. We had a great three hours at the pool bar. Hope to see you in February.

With my girls schedules Presidents week is my new go to Disney week.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:52 AM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay324 View Post
Bro, I missed you in February at BWV. Had a couple of drinks with FMER55 on my last day and I was looking for you after he said you were also staying at BWV. We had a great three hours at the pool bar. Hope to see you in February.

With my girls schedules Presidents week is my new go to Disney week.

Ah crap, I know! We must have just missed running into each other. Just for that I’ll return then, too (provided I’m still employed somewhere, of course...). With a first round on me to make up for your day. We’ll make sure to find each other this time.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote