home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
Rigby
Banned

Default How Was Solo?? No Spoilers Please

How was Solo? Anyone go last night or this morning? We can't make it out until tomorrow night, but I'm super curious as to what my fellow MouseOwners thought. Seemed like it was getting roughed up a bit by the critics in the lead up to last night. I really hope they knock it out of the park with this one. Can't wait!!!
Rigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

Probably nowhere near as good as the next installment "Binks" which delves into Jar Jar's backstory. Mesa so excited!
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
Rigby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
Probably nowhere near as good as the next installment "Binks" which delves into Jar Jar's backstory. Mesa so excited!
I'd watch that but I'm pulling for an Obi Wan tale next
Rigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:07 AM   #4
OldHalfElf
Studio

Default Worth Seeing for Sure

My spouse and I went tonight, and we will soon see it again (which we did not elect to do with The Last Jedi). I wish Ron Howard had also directed the latter, and I am guessing that some Disney executives now wish it, as well. I feel that there were two orders of magnitude more respect for the franchise story line in the new movie.

Anyway, I vote unreservedly "yes" on Solo being worth seeing.

OldHalfElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #5
goofy kc
Two Bedroom

Saw it and loved it! Interesting story - new but familiar. Especially like how heroes are found in a variety of characters. Male, female, furry, droid, etc.
I'll be going again! Only spoiler is it was longer than I thought it would be and I should have used the restroom during the previews....
Old 05-27-2018, 07:34 AM   #6
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Going today at 2 in Disney springs . Will try and post more later. Still very excited and hopeful.
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:40 AM   #7
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

We loved it. We felt they actors they chose played the roles perfectly. We would see it again.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:23 AM   #8
jflatto
Grand Villa

We saw it a few days ago. We thought it was fine but nothing special. If you replaced Han with someone else, it would be a good heist movie in the lines of Ocean 11. DS 16 really wanted to see it otherwise we might not have bothered. It provided a little backstory to Han and Chewie but that was it. A nice reveal at the end but even I thought it was silly as Star Wars had to really stretch to rewrite a particular scene in a movie that seemed pretty final to me when it occurred.

We have no interest in seeing it again in the near future. We are huge Star Wars fans in general.

You asked for no spoilers but I will give you one anyway. See below:

Han and Chewie don't die in this movie.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:05 AM   #9
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

We saw it yesterday. One DD, DH and DS are big Star Wars fans while other DD and I are not. I wanted to see this one, though, because of Emilia Clark. And I was also pleased to see Thandie Newton. I thought it was an okay movie. The Star Wars fans of our group were not super impressed.

It is long, so maybe skip the big soda...DH had to use the restroom 3 times during the movie thanks to sucking down the big soda.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #10
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
We saw it a few days ago. We thought it was fine but nothing special. If you replaced Han with someone else, it would be a good heist movie in the lines of Ocean 11. DS 16 really wanted to see it otherwise we might not have bothered. It provided a little backstory to Han and Chewie but that was it. A nice reveal at the end but even I thought it was silly as Star Wars had to really stretch to rewrite a particular scene in a movie that seemed pretty final to me when it occurred.

We have no interest in seeing it again in the near future. We are huge Star Wars fans in general.

You asked for no spoilers but I will give you one anyway. See below:

Han and Chewie don't die in this movie.
That certain scene was confusing to us too. Came home and did the math on all that and just assumed it wasn't the same character. But I just read an article that explains.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote