home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2020, 12:01 PM   #111
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
The past couple days have been much better. I would say just avoid weekends and holidays and you’ll have a good trip. We’ll probably be back at some point when we have points to burn but not for awhile and definitely not until Covid is a distant memory.

If you are looking for a dedicated 2br, I strongly recommend room 550. 3 bathrooms, a huge, long lanai, over looking entertainment from the Oleo room and a great sunset ocean view in the pool view category.
Assuming we do go to Aulani -- and right now, I think we are too committed to drop out, we are in a dedicated 2 bdrm OV room. Wonder how the rooms higher up align with this room? I think the OV rooms are lame. Never feel like I have an acceptable view for the price paid.

Any recommendations anyone?

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:16 PM   #112
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
Assuming we do go to Aulani -- and right now, I think we are too committed to drop out, we are in a dedicated 2 bdrm OV room. Wonder how the rooms higher up align with this room? I think the OV rooms are lame. Never feel like I have an acceptable view for the price paid.

Any recommendations anyone?
The room above ours, 650, would be an OV. I prefer the long lanais. If you get a dedicated 2br OV in the angled room section you'll have 3 smaller lanais.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #113
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Other than the chaos at Aulani on the weekend our trip was good. Airports and flight were great, though it was sad to see so many businesses closed at the airports. We flew United on the outbound and Hawaiian on the return. Hawaiian is still blocking middle seats so we had lots of empty space on the return flight. We definitely felt safe flying.

It was an odd "vacation" though as the kids had to do online school and I worked a few days. We didn't venture out of the resorts and only ate out once at Nico's Pier 38 on our departure day. Otherwise we cooked in our room. Basically it was a much needed change of scenery after having the same view of my "home office" (i.e, dining room table) for the past 7+ months.

I was also able to use up the points that expire in the next year so now I don't have any points that expire until May 2022. Hopefully DL opens this summer.

Now, as Covid cases spiral out of control once again I'm now ready to go back to my dining room table view for another 6+ months.

Stay safe everyone!