home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default DCL final payment extensions

Beginning today, October 22, 2020, a temporary final payment extension was added to Disney Cruise Line sailings through May 31, 2021 and the cruise line is temporarily relaxing their cruise cancellation fee schedule for sailings through May 31, 2021.

For sailings through May 31, 2021, Disney Cruise Line is temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories. This means guests who have not yet reached their final payment due date can wait until up to 60 days prior to sailing to pay for their cruise vacation. You will still be required to pay in full to book cruise activities within your Castaway Club booking window.

Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount
60 days or more No fee
59 45 days Deposit per Guest
44 30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
29 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less 100% of vacation price per Guest

Cruises 6 Nights or More (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
60 days or more No fee
59 56 days Deposit per Guest
55 30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
29 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less 100% of vacation price per Guest

Suites and Concierge Staterooms
60 days or more Deposit per Guest
59 56 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
55 30 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
29 days or less 100% of vacation price per Guest

Categories with Restrictions
Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions remain nonrefundable and nontransferable.
These temporary changes are in addition to our Cruise Date Flexibility Option that already allows Guests the flexibility to change their sail date up to 15 days prior to departure for any cruise booked by November 30, 2020 for scheduled sailings on or before May 31, 2021. Additional details on the Cruise Date Flexibility Option can be found on our website.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

This is going to be a tough call for us if this continues into the summer. We have the 9 night Southern booked. It's not a "must do" but we wnated a relaxing cruise to some new places with lots of ship time for Jim's 70th birthday.

I doubt we'll keep it unless shipboard life looks fairly good and we can do the ports independently. The 60 days is nice, but the problem is you still have to be paid in full to book things. Mostly that means Palo for us since we like to do so much independently so at least they hold spots back for that for embarkation.

Of course, Florida also has to be off the NJ quarantine. And, of course, Norway (land trip for us) has to be out of the question until 2022 because if we can go in 2021, we're going.

So many variables. Ugh. But Disney is doing the right thing.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
CAS9RN3
Studio

Carolina_Yankee, are you booked on the 9-night at the end of July??? My husband and I are also booked on that one! My dream cruise...too early to be worried but I have no plans to sail on a boat in the current health climate. We also booked a 'regular' cruise November 2021 in case the July is canceled. Hoping both go off as scheduled! Cindy
CAS9RN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS9RN3 View Post
Carolina_Yankee, are you booked on the 9-night at the end of July??? My husband and I are also booked on that one! My dream cruise...too early to be worried but I have no plans to sail on a boat in the current health climate. We also booked a 'regular' cruise November 2021 in case the July is canceled. Hoping both go off as scheduled! Cindy
We are indeed. Well keep watching. If major travel is possible, we may do Norway this summer and push the cruise off to 2022 (cruising is likely to be our major Disney outlet once it gets back up to speed). If major travel isnt possible, well see what the cruising conditions are likely to be. We want to do something this summer, so its a matter of figuring out what conditions allow and how much time we have to book and organize.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:04 PM   #5
CAS9RN3
Studio

Awesome! Here's hoping we both get our wish!!! Cindy
CAS9RN3 is offline   Reply With Quote