home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 07:43 PM   #11
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacro View Post
Good info. Has anyone had an issue with regular park hoppers for their party and a few people already having Genie + attached? It seems like an AP mixed with regular tickets seems to be a common issue.
Appreciate your help.
I don't have experience with this but I would expect it might be a similar issue with mixed ticket media. Hopefully it's all resolved before your trip.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:13 AM   #12
pdude81
Grand Villa

It seems that soon this will go away as people will no longer be able to purchase G+ as part of their ticket packages. But I assume if the tickets are already set up like that it still could be an issue.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:35 AM   #13
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

From the Disney Park Blog:
Quote:
Starting June 8, Disney Genie+ will only be offered for purchase through the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit – we will no longer offer the option to purchase this service pre-arrival as a ticket add-on for dates remaining in 2022 and in 2023.

This means that, moving forward, whether you have an Annual Pass, multi- or single-day ticket, you may only purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit via the app, one day at a time, subject to availability. We’re focused on delivering the best possible guest experience, and this adjustment will help manage the incredibly strong demand our guests have shown for Disney Genie+.

We expect that, on average, guests who purchase Disney Genie+ service will continue to enter 2-3 attractions or experiences each day using the Lightning Lane entrance when the first selection is made early in the day.

If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit. Please also note this update is also only happening at Walt Disney World Resort and will not affect guests at Disneyland Resort, as the services vary at each destination.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-open-june-8/
Old 05-18-2022, 02:20 PM   #14
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
So - let me get this right. Now they are limiting G+ purchases to day of? Does this mean they are going to start limiting the number of G+ passes they sell? If so, now you'd have to be online right at 12am to make sure you get it, and then again at 7am to make sure you can use it.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:29 PM   #15
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
So - let me get this right. Now they are limiting G+ purchases to day of? Does this mean they are going to start limiting the number of G+ passes they sell? If so, now you'd have to be online right at 12am to make sure you get it, and then again at 7am to make sure you can use it.

Yes it means they are limiting it to purchasing the day of. It also means they are limiting the number of G+ sold. So if important I'd buy at midnight or first thing.

Only bonus is that this might limit the fighting to get rides and make it more valuable. So have a night time and a day time shift LOL.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:27 PM   #16
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Imagine if after several years of FP+, Disney changed the rules so you could only get FP+ after paying for it after midnight and booking it at 7AM on the day of use. Everyone would have given Disney a one-fingered salute.

Why should this be any different? It's pretty much the same, except we have the added bonus of having to do it on our phones .
Old 05-18-2022, 03:57 PM   #17
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

FP+ started at midnight and then moved to 7 am due to IT not being open.
Genie+ is doing the exact opposite and it’s on vacation.

Crazy.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:19 PM   #18
johnb
One Bedroom

And just the other day I was thinking that WDW should offer a length of stay G+ option, to make it easier than purchasing each morning.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:38 PM   #19
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I wonder why the change ? Bundling the genie plus seemed to be a plus for wdw as it made people pay $15 more or each ticket .

I expected it would be the norm with most people having Disney plus.

Do you think too many were using it ? Is it less effective when more people using it ?
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #20
babysimba
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post

We used genie+ at the end of April and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I read horror stories prior to the trip and went it with low expections. We actually had a great trip! This change really bothers me though! Having my alarm go off everymorning while on vacation at 6:45 am was really annoying! The midnight purchase and then the 7 am wake up is ridiculous. This was a pretty extreme change. Dis must be getting sick of all the complaints, emails and refund requests. Again, genie+ worked ok for us, but I did hear some grumblings while we were there.