home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Photography and Technology
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Did we ever decide why some DVC members get purple Mickeyís and others donít?

Just a random question. I know that weíve discussed this many times. Some get purple Mickeyís at the tapstiles and others donít. Did we ever decide why that is? On my most recent trip, I got the loveliest, vibrant purple Mickey head at the tapstile when entering MK on our first day, and again at AK the following day. After that, just green at every entry point, even when returning to AK or MK. Any thoughts? I have one, but Iím not sure that the theory holds water. Here goesÖ the first 2 days, Iím positive that I used my new MB to enter the parks. On subsequent days, Iím not sure if I used the new one or my favorite Madame Leota D&B. Both bands are attached to my MDE account. Both bands still work for the purpose of photopass photos, ride photos, etc. Is it because one was purchased and the other was assigned by Disney? Iím truly perplexed. Thoughts?
Old 10-02-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Just a random question. I know that weíve discussed this many times. Some get purple Mickeyís at the tapstiles and others donít. Did we ever decide why that is? On my most recent trip, I got the loveliest, vibrant purple Mickey head at the tapstile when entering MK on our first day, and again at AK the following day. After that, just green at every entry point, even when returning to AK or MK. Any thoughts? I have one, but Iím not sure that the theory holds water. Here goesÖ the first 2 days, Iím positive that I used my new MB to enter the parks. On subsequent days, Iím not sure if I used the new one or my favorite Madame Leota D&B. Both bands are attached to my MDE account. Both bands still work for the purpose of photopass photos, ride photos, etc. Is it because one was purchased and the other was assigned by Disney? Iím truly perplexed. Thoughts?

Sorry to hear of your perplexedness, I hope it isnít contagious.

All seriousness aside, I honestly donít even notice. I know weíve discussed it often here though.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Sorry to hear of your perplexedness, I hope it isnít contagious.

All seriousness aside, I honestly donít even notice. I know weíve discussed it often here though.
Well, purple is kinda my favorite color, so I always wait and see if I get it. Itís not a first world problem, though.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #4
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

I wonder if only some of the tap points actually work that way - I think I only get it sometimes.
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:22 PM   #5
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Well, purple is kinda my favorite color, so I always wait and see if I get it. Itís not a first world problem, though.
Don't feel bad-I always thought it was Pink.
And some people say that they get it at some parks, but not others. Very inconsistent.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:26 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Don't feel bad-I always thought it was Pink.
And some people say that they get it at some parks, but not others. Very inconsistent.
Iíve seen it a very pale pinkish-purple before too. This was such a pretty violet! So weird that it worked at MK and AK on the first days, but not subsequent days.
Old 10-02-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Disney IT. Thatíll do it.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Disney IT. Thatíll do it.
Ainít it the truth!
Old 10-03-2021, 09:04 AM   #9
DVCJanine
Studio

I ALWAYS get it at AK, most times at MK, sometimes at Epcot, and now I don't know if I ever have seen it at DS.

I think my husband has gotten it once and my kids and granddaughter, never. Our friend who also owns DVC goes with us, but he is a ditz and can never remember what he sees.

Initially I thought it had to do who owns DVC, but that was shot down since the hubs doesn't get it as much as I do. So, my next theory is whoever books room, since I do ALL the booking. But then, that isn't always consistent since once they got it but I did not. And then, sometimes I get it on repeat at MK, but not at AK.

I am just resigned to the fact that it is just ol' Disney and their substandard IT tech. But it would be neat to know the logic behind it because that purple Welcome Home is just way too cool!
DVCJanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:20 AM   #10
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Still a mystery. We both have been getting the purple Mickey pretty consistently after only one or the other would get it.

Our son-in-law never ever gets it though and it irritates him no end especially when DD always does.