home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Photography and Technology
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 12,826
Default Did we ever decide why some DVC members get purple Mickeyís and others donít?

Just a random question. I know that weíve discussed this many times. Some get purple Mickeyís at the tapstiles and others donít. Did we ever decide why that is? On my most recent trip, I got the loveliest, vibrant purple Mickey head at the tapstile when entering MK on our first day, and again at AK the following day. After that, just green at every entry point, even when returning to AK or MK. Any thoughts? I have one, but Iím not sure that the theory holds water. Here goesÖ the first 2 days, Iím positive that I used my new MB to enter the parks. On subsequent days, Iím not sure if I used the new one or my favorite Madame Leota D&B. Both bands are attached to my MDE account. Both bands still work for the purpose of photopass photos, ride photos, etc. Is it because one was purchased and the other was assigned by Disney? Iím truly perplexed. Thoughts?
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado
 
kzrooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kalamazoo Mi
Posts: 14,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Just a random question. I know that weíve discussed this many times. Some get purple Mickeyís at the tapstiles and others donít. Did we ever decide why that is? On my most recent trip, I got the loveliest, vibrant purple Mickey head at the tapstile when entering MK on our first day, and again at AK the following day. After that, just green at every entry point, even when returning to AK or MK. Any thoughts? I have one, but Iím not sure that the theory holds water. Here goesÖ the first 2 days, Iím positive that I used my new MB to enter the parks. On subsequent days, Iím not sure if I used the new one or my favorite Madame Leota D&B. Both bands are attached to my MDE account. Both bands still work for the purpose of photopass photos, ride photos, etc. Is it because one was purchased and the other was assigned by Disney? Iím truly perplexed. Thoughts?

Sorry to hear of your perplexedness, I hope it isnít contagious.

All seriousness aside, I honestly donít even notice. I know weíve discussed it often here though.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 12,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Sorry to hear of your perplexedness, I hope it isnít contagious.

All seriousness aside, I honestly donít even notice. I know weíve discussed it often here though.
Well, purple is kinda my favorite color, so I always wait and see if I get it. Itís not a first world problem, though.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #4
cpnkirk
Grand Villa
 
cpnkirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,887
Default

I wonder if only some of the tap points actually work that way - I think I only get it sometimes.
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:22 PM   #5
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa
 
Simba's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Well, purple is kinda my favorite color, so I always wait and see if I get it. Itís not a first world problem, though.
Don't feel bad-I always thought it was Pink.
And some people say that they get it at some parks, but not others. Very inconsistent.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:26 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 12,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Don't feel bad-I always thought it was Pink.
And some people say that they get it at some parks, but not others. Very inconsistent.
Iíve seen it a very pale pinkish-purple before too. This was such a pretty violet! So weird that it worked at MK and AK on the first days, but not subsequent days.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 38,596
Default

Disney IT. Thatíll do it.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 12,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Disney IT. Thatíll do it.
Ainít it the truth!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:04 AM   #9
DVCJanine
Studio
 
DVCJanine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rocky Mtns transplants to South FL
Posts: 120
Default

I ALWAYS get it at AK, most times at MK, sometimes at Epcot, and now I don't know if I ever have seen it at DS.

I think my husband has gotten it once and my kids and granddaughter, never. Our friend who also owns DVC goes with us, but he is a ditz and can never remember what he sees.

Initially I thought it had to do who owns DVC, but that was shot down since the hubs doesn't get it as much as I do. So, my next theory is whoever books room, since I do ALL the booking. But then, that isn't always consistent since once they got it but I did not. And then, sometimes I get it on repeat at MK, but not at AK.

I am just resigned to the fact that it is just ol' Disney and their substandard IT tech. But it would be neat to know the logic behind it because that purple Welcome Home is just way too cool!
DVCJanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:20 AM   #10
bubster
Add-on Aficionado
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 5,474
Default

Still a mystery. We both have been getting the purple Mickey pretty consistently after only one or the other would get it.

Our son-in-law never ever gets it though and it irritates him no end especially when DD always does.
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software